JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

What Are You Listening To? XXI

Da Brakes

I have a few old school Hip-Hop groups on my Facebook. They post videos everyday and post album covers that tell you how when they were released (which makes me feel old sometimes...lol). Anyways, today they posted a video of a song/artist that I'd never hard before. I was a bit surprised, so I gave it a listen. I instantly fell in love with the song, peeped the album, and bought it. Do yourself a favor, listen to this song!!!

ED O.G. + DA BULLDOGS - Love Comes And Goes

Roxbury 02119 (1993)

wow i never heard that song aj, that's a jem for sure :clap:

2Pac "Me Against The World"(1995 album)

Edited by bigted

• 2 weeks later...

BUSTA RHYMES + Q-TIP - Thank You

(2013)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pImWbM8yii8&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Not sure why Lil' Wayne's or Kanye's vocals need to be on this. Fu Schnickens did better with this beat in 1992, but this sound is definitely welcome. I don't like how Busta's voice has changed over the years.

KRS-ONE, LL COOL J, QUEEN LATIFAH, BIG DADDY KANE, MC LYTE, RUN DMC, MS. MELODY, FREDDY FOX, KID CAPRI - Heal Yourself

H.E.A.L. - Civilization Vs. Technology (1991)

This is a forgotten posse cut that is AMAZING!! Hopefully I'm introducing someone on the board to this.

yeah everybody remembers krs for doing self destruction but this one is brilliant too, I also like the self construction song of 2008, krs is great at getting emcees together for a cause

JJFP "Twinkle Twinkle"(I'm Not A Star)

"Self Destruction" is a classic cut, but I actually like "Heal Yourself" better. I'm actually listening to the album right now...and there's another amazing posse cut. When is the last time emcees got together and did a posse cut. Especially one that was relevant.

SALT-N-PEPA, KOOL MOE DEE, KRS-ONE, DOUG E. FRESH, CHUCK D, DMC, DJ RED ALERT, MS. MELODIE, KID CAPRI, ZIGGY MARLEY, GRAND DADDY I.U. - Family Got To Get Busy

Civilization Vs. Technology (1991)

Shaq has some skills on the mic! I always think that he's underrated as an emcee

I'm listening to some smooth jazz on Sirius XM Watercolors station:

Vincent Ingala "If I Could Fly"