JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

A Star is born

Jin

Beyonce's last album was whack, but overall she is still a great singer/dancer/live performer. But she got no acting skills at all and therefore should stick to make good music. Warner Bros. is trying to get Will for this project since 10 years, the rumoured female cast has been so far Whitney Houston, Jennifer Lopez, Alicia Keys and now Beyonce. But if someone like Clint Eastwood is on board for this, it could also have an affect on Will.

Are you all crazy her last album was the best one, you've all lost your minds, i think sasha fierce is one of my top ten albums of all time, i saw her live too, probably the best concert ive ever been too. I hope she does this, i love Beyonce, shes not the greatest actress but who cares, she was good enough in dreamgirls.

Edited by Jazzy Julie

I have to agree that I don't really care to see FP work with Beyonce in a movie. I don't think she's a bad actress but she's never really over to film that way. I liked Fighting Temptations and Carma: The Hip-Hop Opera but that's about it.

Sasha Fierce was a hot mess. Instead of being the R-N-B soul singer from next door, she went over the deep end with sometimes stupid lyrics, an annoying persona and awful production. She hasn't made many good moves in career since retiring DC. She's trying to be diva now and that's just not attractive. I still find it hard to believe that her and Jay-Z are actually a good couple behind closed doors.

• 4 months later...

Seems another lost opportunity for Will.. :hissyfit:

DiCaprio With Beyoncé In 'A Star Is Born'?

EXCLUSIVE: I hear Clint Eastwood is using his time with Leonardo DiCaprio on the J Edgar Hoover biopic to discuss the director's new Warner Bros project A Star Is Born. Clint is hoping to team Leo with Beyoncé, who's already set for the musical. Clint is producing through Malpaso as well as helming the script by Will Fetters. Producers are Billy Gerber and Basil Iwanyk and Jon Peters (who made the infamous version with Barbra Streisand and Kris Kristofferson). The project has been at WB for several years, and there'd been talk of pairing Beyoncé and Will Smith. But casting Leo as the male lead would make for a much more interesting movie. There have been a trio of A Star Is Born versions made since the 1930s, the last one coming in 1976 with Kristofferson playing the boozer and Streisand the wannabe. Or even #4 if you consider What Price Hollywood (1932) made by George Cukor, which is often forgotten.

http://www.deadline.com/2011/06/leo-dicaprio-opposite-beyonce-in-a-star-is-born/

Edited by Ale