JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Lupe Fiasco Feat Skylar Grey - "Words I Never Said"

Vipa

Pretty ballsy song putting everything out there like that. It's going to really mess with a lot of fans that don't agree with his stance on some issues (like me, I'm not so sure about the alluding to 9/11 conspiracy theories in the beginning of the song). That said, I definitely give him props for putting out a song like this.

Yea, Definitely controversial and I don't agree with all of what he said. I don't necessarily agree with everything every one of my favorite rappers has ever said....Even still, it's a really good song.

Edited by Vipa

There are always new buyers who may want to hear what he is bringing before they take the risk on the album... His fan base may be broad, but he aint gonna make the paper with only his old fans..

There are always new buyers who may want to hear what he is bringing before they take the risk on the album... His fan base may be broad, but he aint gonna make the paper with only his old fans..

Putting out a song like this, I really don't think numbers or paper are on his mind. We're always saying on here how we want people to put 'real' true to life music out there, rather than following suit to sell records. Then when someone does it, we say 'bad move, wont sell well'. Are we ever sure what we want ourselves?

I love it. My favourite artist out there currently.

yeah i have no problem when an artist goes against the grain and speaks their mind, i like the song too, lupe's one of the few in hip hop that i check for these days

• 3 weeks later...

I cant listen to 9/11 conspiracy crap. It takes a lot of stupidity to believe that.

You can listen to whatever you want. You can believe whatever you want.

But calling another persons thoughts stupidity shows your own growth...no matter how far fetched you think an opinion is.

Just disagree and move on.

I doubt it, nobody is gonna hear his single anyway, it's Lupe, people who wanna buy his album are gonna buy it anyway, I doubt he's gonna ever sell albums based on his big single hist

Why don't you speak for yourself ? Because there are PLENTY of people who can't wait to hear his single.

Heck I look forward to buy his album.

I cant listen to 9/11 conspiracy crap. It takes a lot of stupidity to believe that.

But calling another persons thoughts stupidity shows your own growth...no matter how far fetched you think an opinion is.

I doubt it, nobody is gonna hear his single anyway, it's Lupe, people who wanna buy his album are gonna buy it anyway, I doubt he's gonna ever sell albums based on his big single hist

Why don't you speak for yourself ? Because there are PLENTY of people who can't wait to hear his single.

1. You are wrong. It's somtimes easy, even necesary to disrespect somebodys opinion. We can't let people run aorund preaching whatever bullcrap they want all day. People say guys like 50 Cent are bad for the youth, but damn, if conspiracy bullcrap like this isn't 10 times worse for the youth then I dont know what is. If somebodsy tells me the sky is green, its freaking wrong. Sometimes the world realy is black & white. This is one of those cases.

2. With nobody I did not mean people like us, I ment the big mainstream crowd which singles are made for. You know, people who hear it in the radio and then buy the album. It's not gonna happen.

Edited by Turntable

1. You are wrong. It's somtimes easy, even necesary to disrespect somebodys opinion. We can't let people run aorund preaching whatever bullcrap they want all day. People say guys like 50 Cent are bad for the youth, but damn, if conspiracy bullcrap like this isn't 10 times worse for the youth then I dont know what is. If somebodsy tells me the sky is green, its freaking wrong. Sometimes the world realy is black & white. This is one of those cases.

2. With nobody I did not mean people like us, I ment the big mainstream crowd which singles are made for. You know, people who hear it in the radio and then buy the album. It's not gonna happen.

Let's agree to disagree on the first part.

The second part is not going to happen because radio isn't showing Lupe any love simply because they can't handle the truth he's spitting.

Try to look past some sentences in his songs and look at it from a larger POV. But radio has never been quality over quantity so whatever.

I think that all the silence is worse than all the violence

Fear is such a weak emotion thats why I despise it

We scared of almost everything, afraid to even tell the truth

So scared of what you think of me, I’m scared of even telling you

Sometimes I’m like the only person I feel safe to tell it to

I’m locked inside a cell in me, I know that there’s a jail in you

Consider this your bailing out, so take a breath, inhale a few

My screams is finally getting free, my thoughts is finally yelling through

So powerful.

A comment on youtube which I really liked:

I'm white, christian, and conservative, but I feel that Lupe's words are bringing to light many controversial ideas. Just because I might not be eye to eye with everything he says, I respect him for what he does and I'll buy any albums or concert tickets to support this man to be able to remain a game changer of our music scene today. Peace.
Edited by Typhoon20

I am not realy a christian and I am not conservative, and I agree with what that guy says.. But there has to be a line somwhere, where "giving a diffrent prespective" turns into spreading stuff that is so ****ed up that it hurts. I mean come on, 9/11 conspiracy to me is just as disrespectful and messed up as running around making songs about how the Holocaust did not happen. I feel offended by listening to such nonsense. I'd rather have kids listen to Ice T than 9/11 conspiracy. I do think that Lupe can make some very powerful stuff, but stuff like this just makes him look very bad to me. I just dont know how to deal with people like that. I dont even wanna deal with them, like I dont wanna deal with people who try to tell me the Holocaust didn't realy happen. I just want them to stfu and move to North Korea.

About the radio.. That is exactly what I am trying to say. The radio wont play this, so it wont reach a lot of people.

Edited by Turntable