JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Slaughterhouse MCs Prep Solo Albums

VIsqo

Slaughterhouse MCs Prep Solo Albums

Fresh off a new deal with Shady Records, various members of the hip-hop supergroup Slaughterhouse are putting finishing touches on their respective solo albums.

Joel Ortiz is up first with his new solo LP, Free Agent. The oft-delayed CD is now set to arrive on February 22, 2011. It will be issued by E1 Music (formerly known as Koch).

Slaughterhouse's resident west coast wordsmith Crooked I is next in line with his Million Dollar Story, due on March 22nd. We don't know much about Million Dollar Story, but we do know that DJ Khalil sent Crooked I a folder with some beats.

"Ah, man, I got a folder with some beats sent over to me from DJ Khalil," said Crooked I in a recent interview with HipHopDx. "So, I'ma definitely go in with him. He's one of my favorite producers right now. There's some new kids out there and I make it my business to get with some of the new talent. There's a kid named Quest out there who's real hot. I'm gonna reach out to Alchemist. Then, I've talked to DJ Premier already so I wouldn't be surprised if Premier has a few slappers on there, as well."

Next comes Royce da 5'9"'s fifth solo album, Success Is Certain. The appropriately titled album is a follow-up to 2004's Death Is Certain. Royce dropped Death shortly after dueling with Eminem's camp. Success is tentatively scheduled for April 26th, just months after joining Shady Records.

At some point this year, the group will hit the studio together to work on the follow-up to their self-titled debut. They also have an EP coming out on February 8. Needless to say, it's going to be a busy year for Slaughterhouse.

http://rap.about.com/b/2011/01/16/slaughterhouse-members-prep-solo-albums.htm

Thats good news for Hip Hop this year!

I like that they signed to Shady Records, i'm not the biggest Eminem fan but I do think it will give Slaugtherhouse more mobility. I also notice a lot movement in big name signing throughout the Hip-Hop community, it's really got me excited, hoping for a shift in what's big. I've been digging Royce a lot last year but I havn't gotten an album from him minus the slaughterhouse album, any recomendations?

I'm not saying it was bad, but I think it wasn't anywehere near what it could have been. I mean look at these dudes, they could have made another 36 Cahmbers.. But they just made a good underground record.. Problem is there are at least 15 of those made every year. I just was a little dissapointed with it, mainly due to the production and the song writing (not the lyrics, but the song writing). Jole is my favorite among them by the way, the others ones sometimes seems to have an attitude problem.

Both Slaughterhouse and Royce. All of them are great MC's, but they all suffer from Nas disease.

What do you mean by the Nas disease?

Slaughterhouse house album was nice, but they could have done much better. Royce is somehow the new Canibus, great lyricist but could not make much of it careerwise.