JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Hip Hop dominates Itunes Awards

VIsqo

Hip-Hop Dominates iTunes Best of 2010 List
Friday December 10, 2010

iTunes has released its Best of 2010 list and it's stuffed with hip-hop goodness. The accolades keep coming for Eminem, who can now add iTunes Artist of the Year to his 10 Grammy nods. His smash single "Love the Way You Lie" finished the year as the third best selling song on iTunes. "Not Afraid" is No. 10.

B.o.B. is right behind Eminem, as his single "Airplanes" comes in at No.4 on the highest selling songs list. Bobby Ray also edged out Drake for the Best New Artist honor. Speaking of Drizzy, his debut Thank Me Later is No. 6 on the highest selling album list. Thank Me Later was also named best hip-hop LP and Nicki Minaj's Pink Friday was named Breakthrough Album of the year.

Here we have the hip hop sales this week: (on cd's)

4. T.I. - No Mercy - 158,110
6. Nicki Minaj - Pink Friday - 80,660 (558,063)
14. Kanye West - My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy - 68, 747 (670,750)
19. The Black Eyed Peas - The Beginning - 56,110 (173,176)
25. Eminem - Recovery - 48,868 (3 x Platinum)
44. Lil Wayne - I Am Not A Human Being - 27,314 (565,257)
100. Redman - Redman Presents...Reggie (10,045)
120. Soulja Boy - The DeAndre Way - 8,000 (21,000)

Edited by VIsqo

redman should get off of def jam asap, they did a poor job promoting his album, those are independent type numbers, i don't care about the rappers at the top of the charts, it seems like the internet killed the rap star except for eminem since the kids don't buy music and just download these days, country artists still go multi platinum since their fanbase is older people that buy cds, btw welcome back top dawg, long time no see!