JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

NBA Topic

Vipa

Between now and February there could potentially be a decent amount of trades.....One just went down this morning....

Trade:
Magic Get:
Jason Richardson
Hedo Turkoglu
Earl Clark

Suns Get:
Vince Carter
Marcin Gortat
Mickael Pietrus
2011 First Round Pick

Orlando is also in talks with Washington about a potential Rashard Lewis for Gilbert Arenas deal...

Edit: Arenas for Lewis is now official (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5932861) and there are rumors that Orlando might not be done trading, yet....

Edited by Vipa

Wow, I dont know why they got Arenas for, but the deal is great!! Orlando was doing pretty bad lately, and these new guys will definitely bring a lot to the table. At first they might need some help to cope out and play together, but I know they will make it and the Magics just became another really dangerous team on the east. Btw, now Howard has a lot of help, but he also became the only big man on the team, and this can be another mistake in their fights against Boston, Miami and Lakers..

Orlando hasnt been able to get it done the past couple of years, so they are changing things up, I like it, definitely makes the East more interesting, VC is done, he hasn't done anything this year, J-Rich is a similar player, but a little better at this point, and Arenas gives them someone that can create and get his own shot, which they desperately needed.

I think Arenas has a wonderful opportunity to start over. He has had a lot of problems, and carries a lot of baggage, but so does Mike Vick in the NFL and yall have seen the great job he has been doing this year for the Eagles. Arenas has the talent, no doubt. He can be maybe the best Offensive point guard on the league with a center like Howard. I hope in Orlando he gets good support and people who talk to him and get him in the right path. J Rich is a great perimeter player and this year has been more consistent that most players on that Orlando lineup, so he was a great add. And Hedo T knows the city, knows the game and has the experience to do great things. I still thing that the height on the team will be a problematic factor in the playoffs.. We will have to wait and see..

In another note, its good to see u back Rcp!

Reportedly, Howard spent his whole week pissed off at the organization for the big loses they experienced in the last couple of weeks and having a really tough schedule ahead of them to finish the year, and asked the owner to shake the team up! He knows he cannot take the team in his arms and he knows that he needs a Robin by his side to be able to compete against other teams. His contract is due to this year and even when the Magics have offered him several deals he hasnt accepted none of them which could mean that he might check out the market if they dont find a way to improve their game and their possibilities for a big playoff run. I guess this is the reason for the big trades we saw yesterday.

i was thinking that the magic needed to do something since they've been an average team as of late and the bulls and knicks have improved with their young players, vince carter is washed up at this point, next year he'll probably be playing overseas like allen iverson and stephon marbury, playing in europe is like the new nba retirement home, i think my bulls need to look after another big man since noah went down for 8-10 weeks since they're now forced to play 38-year old kurt thomas, but then again maybe kurt could find a fountain of youth like dikembe mutombo did for the rockets when yao ming went down with his injuries over the past few years, but then again maybe they could get one of the great big men like mutombo or pj brown to come out of retirement, they could at least get a 10-day contract, i bet even 48 year old kevin willis could play better for 10 minutes a game then a lot of the backup centers these days, he did play overseas a couple years ago himself too so he's probablyu still in good shape... like hip hop most of my favorites of the nba were around the late-80s-mid 90s so they always got a special place in my heart, just like i feel if one of the bulls guards go down with an injury that scottie pippen should come in to play guard, even penny hardaway should come back, grant hill's still around so why not him too, allan houston could teach the knicks guards how to be better shooters, even patrick ewing could be a good backup for dwight howard, that might be the magic need to get over the hump....

Edited by bigted

Lol Mutombo is like 60 years old man lol, I think there are a lot of good players in the D league maybe they can sign one there. Golden State has been doing it for the past 2 years and they have gotten great results in terms of talent.

well patrick ewing jr.'s in the d-league, he's obviously not as talented as his dad, very few are, but he might turn out to be a decent backup player, maybe he and his dad should play one-on-one to see who could be an nba backup center at this point, just like if jordan's kids tryout for the bobcats one day, lol, just 'cause somebody younger doesn't mean they're better, i mean look at k-smith, he'll never be as talented as fresh prince on the mic, i heard walt frasier, the knicks legend from the '70s say that skills wise he thinks he could still shoot the ball better at 60 years old then a lot of players can but he can't run anymore, music is different than sports you can't break a hip ripping a rhyme that's why ll cool j will probably still rap at 70 years old like james brown still sung until he died, you could have the mentality to make a good song forever but you can't have the mentality to score 20 points and grab 10 rebounds in 40 minutes a game once your stamina lowers as you age....

Edited by bigted

I believe the Bulls have the chance this season to go far into the playoffs, but not with that team.. I think they are still lacking a Big guy to back up for Noah and to help while he is gone. Teams in the east need to understand that the triad of Gasol, Byrnum and Odom and the triad of Garnett, Perkins and Shaq will be really hard to beat because teams are not able to defend so many big guys downlow and they make it very difficult to score on the circle and rebound too.

most of the old-school players have been better conditioned then a lot of the players these days, you have 20-25 year old players these days who don't know how to stay in shape, for instance most of the time with the knicks until like around '97-98 patrick ewing would play all 82 games in a season, these days andrew bynum only plays around 40 games a season and he's 2 years younger than i am, he's only 23 years old, at 44 years old in the '96-97 season robert parish played in 43 games where most of the time he missed was 'cause the bulls had a deep bench not 'cause he was injured, he'd played close to 82 games if he played on a team like the clippers that year, it must be that these young players eat too much at burger king, robert parish and john salley are vegans, these young guys ain't durable enough, it's just like the young rappers these days can't match ll cool j's energy at 42 years old, they probably take too much drugs while ll lives a clean life, it's all about taking care of your body, it's the old school mentality that all the greats have in common....

Patrick still got it! LOL

jason kidd's still doing his thing on the mavs, he's damn near 40 by now

Yao Ming is out for the season again, and Tracy Mcgrady (my favorite player ever) just injured his groin on Sunday game, the first time he has started this year. The injury doesnt seem serious, but wow, how can injuries cut short such promising careers in the NBA. Vince Carter was never the same after his knee problems. At least we have Grant Hill, that after all the problems he has had with his ankles, he is still giving a 100% on the courts of Phoenix, being an starter now and playing some high quality basketball.

inuries are killing all the great players for real, yao and mcgrady just couldn't take it to the next level like they should've, grant hill is inspiration for us all the way he's fought back from his injuries, durability is the key in sports, it's about who could stay healthy the longest, that's why there should be more credit for guys like robert parish, john salley, and kevin willis who played all those years without getting injured much, they showed you could play in your 40's close to 50 years old if you're healthy, you need to have good training as well as skills, people don't talk much about james edwards
either who was a 43 year old backup center on the '96 bulls team that won 72 games but he was a good player too that played almost 20 years, he played in the pre-internet era on the most part that's why people don't know much about him, he's also played on the pistons bad boy teams in the '80s, he's a tough physical player like charles oakley who didn't score a lot but he'd do all the dirty work to win games, a good team player, i wonder what happened to him now??! He ain't an assistant coach or anything in the nba right now i don't think after he retired after that season, maybe he turned into agent j in real life 'cause i haven't heard about him since he played, lol, funny that's actually the name of will in mib before he became agent j, now greg oden may never step on the court again either it seems like which is a shame 'cause i thought he was gonna be the next shaq when i saw him at ohio state and he seems like a cool guy....
Btw, I just checked out james edwards bio at hoopedia and it don't mention anything about where he's been since he's retired from playing in '96, maybe he really is agent j since they did find aliens recently in california, but anyway his stats ain't bad at all, 14,000+ points, 6,000+ rebounds in 19 NBA Seasons is very good,players like him and Rod Strickland didn't make all star games since there was so many legends out at once at the time, sorta like how KRS and Public Enemy never won Grammies with so many legends out at once:

http://hoopedia.nba.com/index.php?title=James_Edwards

Edited by bigted