JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

DJ Jazzy Jeff - Black Friday - Atlantic City, NJ

Jeff was once again spinning in Atlantic City, NJ on black friday. What a great night! Jeff took the place all around mixing up the old school with the new, the classics and a lot more little surprises here and there. Its always a great set and its a blast. I'm just in complete awe of what he does. The man works magic on the wheels of steel. I wanted to check out Jeff at Club Fluid in Philly w Mix Professor (major shout out to my man Mix) but hectic work/school schedule and limited funds held me back unfortunately. Skillz did a great job hyping up the crowd on their musical journey. The cool thing about Jeff & Skillz is that I'm not just in a club and it's a typical DJ, no - its much more than that. Jeff is literally the greatest DJ and him and Skillz are rockin the house - old school style. I love the DJ/MC combination. It's the essence, its the basics. I really hope Jeff releases some of the mixes he plays, there's this one mix of Jamie Foxx - Blame It/Arrested Development - Everyday People which is phenomenal!! I'd love to get that on mp3. I'll have to ask him about it next time. As far as some news is concerned, a couple things.

1. Jeff is working on completing the Ayah album - this will be a hot album, to those of you who heard the sampler, Ayah's voice is incredible.
2. After the Ayah album, he'll begin work on the Magnificent 3
3. Will is in New York City for a year shooting MIB3 - so thats much closer to Jeff so hopefully Jeff can get him to record again, matter of fact, Jeff told me, if I'm not mistaken, they're gonna meet up next week. *fingers crossed*

As Jeff was spinning, I talked to his wife throughout the time. I told her I wanted to get Jeff to sign something for me again and I pulled out the "I'm Lookin for the One (to be with me)" CD SINGLE. She was so shocked and amazed that she showed a few of her girlfriends and they all couldn't believe it. I was laughing and telling them thats how you know I'm a REAL fan, not a groupie, not a common fan. - I don't mess around haha!! She also instantly took a picture of it. I said the same thing to Jeff and he had a big grin on his face and told me "thats my **** right there!" as he signed it lol. A year ago I got my Code Red & TROTM album covers signed so its been a while since I had anything else signed. I also got Skillz to sign his album cover for me - (to anyone who hasn't checked out his album, I highly suggest you do. Its a quality hip-hop album.)

Some pics - courtesy of Mrs. Townes thankfully since my camera was acting up..
The picture Lynette took of the CD single before it was signed..
156364_10150096410461098_508056097_73841
Me and Lynette
155129_10150096410976098_508056097_73841
The wheels...
154237_10150096410641098_508056097_73841
Jeff and Skillz
75740_10150096410126098_508056097_738415
Me, my man Craig, Jeff, Darnell, Skillz and Steve .. (dont know the guy behind Skillz lol)
75806_10150096409261098_508056097_738412
Skillz album cover signed...except he misspelled my name! LOL
skillz_cover.jpg
and lastly...this gem.
im_lookin_for_the_one_signed.jpg

I'm still real hyped about the cd single signed, personally, its my favorite JJ+FP track and not only is it from my favorite JJ+FP album, it was a single and its not like Jeff can literally sign a song so from that perspective, it makes it extra sweet. I got a couple other singles too up my sleeve I want to eventually give to Jeff to sign.

Also, I never posted about the last time I saw Jeff spin because I was waiting on pics from Darnell.. It was in early September and it was another fun night however, out of nowhere, Questlove of the Roots came through and thankfully Darnell allowed me and my friend Craig to say whats up and grab a pic with him and Jeff..HIP HOP LEGENDS!!!

IMG_6331.JPG

To wrap it up, another amazing night. HUGE THANKS to Tim, Jeff, Darnell, Lynette & Skillz, I can't stress enough how blessed I am to have to wonderful and exciting opportunities. Great times but more importantly, even greater people.

Guest MIX PROFESSOR

THATS MY DUDE JIM.IM GLAD HE HAD A GREAT TIME!!IM GLAD TO SEE THAT JEFF GETS LOVE FROM TRUE FANS OF MUSIC LIKE WHAT I SEE ON THE MESSAGEBOARD.I WENT TO THE CLUB FLUID JOINT THE WEEK BEFORE I CAN AGREE WITH JIM-SKILLZ AND JEFF MAKE AN INCREDIBLE COMBO.THEY DO IT HOW IT IS SUPPOSED TO BE DONE AND ROCK A VENUE. ONE COMPLIMENTING THE OTHER. SHOUT TO TO STACEY"FLY GIRL"WILSON AND THE REST OF THE PHILADELPHIA CREW THAT HOLD PHILADELPHIA DOWN.
I WOULD GO TO THE NEW YEAR'S EVE THROW DOWN IN PHILADELPHIA ON DEC 31ST BUT IM DJING THAT NITE AS WELL-LOL.
ONCE I USE UP THE REST OF MY FILM ON MY FUJI CAMERA I BROUGHT FROM THE STORE ,I WILL TRY TO POST UP SOME DECENT PICS.DAM I MISS HAVING A DIGITAL CAMERA.THATS MY MY PRESENT FOR THE NEW YEAR-LOL

I'm still real hyped about the cd single signed, personally, its my favorite JJ+FP track and not only is it from my favorite JJ+FP album, it was a single and its not like Jeff can literally sign a song so from that perspective, it makes it extra sweet.

Amazing, Jim. Simply amazing. 'Im Looking For The One (To Be With Me)' is my favorite JJFP song too, also from my favorite JJFP album, so I know what you mean. It must be an AWESOME feeling, man. That CD single signed by Jeff must be a treasure for you now. Ahhh.. I'm very jealous, lol.

Love the pictures. Seems you had an incredible night, again. Congratz, dude! :clap:

Edited by Ale