JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Michael Jackson's New Album Out Dec. 14

Ale

mjcd.jpg

"Michael", the Michael Jackson album comprised of original material recorded by the King of Pop before his death, will be released Dec. 14 on Epic Records in conjunction with his estate, it was announced today (Nov. 4).

The first full track from the album, entitled "Breaking News," will premiere Monday on michaeljackson.com and stream for one week. The song was originally recorded in 2007 in New Jersey and completed after the singer's death last year, according to the announcement.

A teaser for "Michael" will launch on the site tomorrow; the album will also become available for pre-order online within the next 24 hours.

The album cover for "Michael" (pictured above), which was painted by Kadir Nelson, depicts the singer in several of his most iconic looks, from "Off the Wall" and "Thriller" to "Bad" and "Smooth Criminal."

"Michael" is the second major Michael Jackson project to be announced this week. On Wednesday, 2011-2012 tour dates for Michael Jackson: The Immortal World Tour, a Cirque du Soleil production based on Jackson's music and career, were unveiled. The show begins its North American run next Oct. 2 in Montreal and plays 14 mostly Canadian cities in 2011, with 13 more dates announced for 2012. Additional cities and multi-night engagements are expected to be announced.

"It's really just a celebration of the man and his legend and his immortality," director Jamie King said of the production. We get to go inside Michael's head...inside this place of beauty and serenity and peace and learn all the secrets that are Michael -- his loves, things that he believed in -- and take this fantastic journey together. It really is based off of things we all really know of Michael."

http://www.billboard.com/news/michael-jackson-s-new-album-out-dec-14-1004125471.story#/news/michael-jackson-s-new-album-out-dec-14-1004125471.story

Edited by Ale

I'm glad they are dropping this! I thought that DVD combo they were releasing was taking the place of the album that was slated for this month. I guess not. The album cover is very interesting but I don't like it as an album cover. If the songs are from recent years, the cover should reflect him more recently. Pix from 1979-1989 should be used on an album that reflects music from those years. The music is all that matters tho'...I can't wait!

Talk about a dope cover! This should be a great substitute for all the weak music out

Im so excited for the next 2 months, we've got the game coming out, the DVD that has the never before seen one more chance video and now this album, btw here is a snippet of the new song. It really is a snippet u just about hear him scream, talk about a teaser.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8md6NqxdXsg&feature=player_embedded

• 2 weeks later...

Here's the tracklisting for the album! I'm so happy "Hold My Hand" and "Keep Your Head Up" is on it. I'm so hyped for finally have those songs. "Hold My Hand" has been a personal fav since 2007. The titles look interesting. I just wish 50 Cent wasn't on the album...lol.

---------------------------------------------------

MICHAEL is the much anticipated album of newly completed recordings from Michael Jackson. The creative process never stopped for the King of Pop who was always planning for his next album; unbeknownst to many fans around the world Michael Jackson was writing and recording songs continuously everywhere from a friend’s home in New Jersey to studios in Las Vegas and Los Angeles with a small group of handpicked collaborators. Now, through the unique stories that will be told about the songs that comprise MICHAEL, fans will get mind-blowing insight into how this artist worked and a chance to hear the songs he most recently created along with tracks that Michael had a desire to bring to fruition.

1. Hold My Hand (Duet with Akon)
2. Hollywood Tonight
3. Keep Your Head Up
4. (I Like) The Way You Love Me
5. Monster (Featuring 50 Cent)
6. Best Of Joy
7. Breaking News
8. (I Can t Make It) Another Day (Featuring Lenny Kravitz)
9. Behind The Mask
10. Much Too Soon

I annoyed. I just checked YouTube for "Hold My Hand." The original video that was up for years is gone and they have replaced with the version on the album which is polished up. It's not a drastic difference from the original but it's not nearly as good. In the past they have released singles with demo versions. I pray that original version pops up on a single or an Akon release.

I annoyed. I just checked YouTube for "Hold My Hand." The original video that was up for years is gone and they have replaced with the version on the album which is polished up. It's not a drastic difference from the original but it's not nearly as good. In the past they have released singles with demo versions. I pray that original version pops up on a single or an Akon release.

Here it is!

"NEW SINGLE" Michael Jackson - Hold My Hand (Duet with Akon)

http://breakingnews.michaeljackson.com/ES/

How many albums do 50 Cent and Lil' Wayne have to ruin?

Every time I listen 2 it I get angry. Those trendy weak synths annoy the crap outta me. MJ would have never polished the song this way. Don't get me wrong, it's not as bad as how they are doing 2Pac's music or Left Eye's latest album but it's missing the soul.

Why can't they release the song that MJ did with JJFP during the Willenium time period?