JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Lupe Fiasco's LASERS Will Be Released

VIsqo

http://www.rapbasement.com/lupe-fiasco/101110-lupe-fiasco-will-release-his-lasers-album-next-year-around-march-8th-details-here.html

Lupe Fiasco's LASERS Will Be Released

It looks like after months and months of fighting and protests, Lupe Fiasco will have his long-awaited "Lasers" album hit stores. The Grammy-award winning rapper will have his third full-length collection arrive in stores and online retailers around March 8th, 2001. Lupe will drop the first single from the album on Tuesday, October 26th on his website, LupeFiasco.com

"Lasers" which stands for "Love Always Shines Every Time Remember 2 Smile," is the eagerly awaited follow-up to Lupe Fiasco's blockbuster album "The Cool," which hit Billboard's Top Rap Albums chart at number one upon it's release in Decemeber 2007, staying there for nine weeks.

Rap.about.com

Put away your picket signs -- you won't be needing them on Fiasco Friday, after all. The rift between Lupe Fiasco and Atlantic Records seems to have been resolved. Atlantic issued a statement today announcing that Lupe's third disc, Lasers, is now penciled for release on March 8th, 2011. The lead single arrives on October 26th.

Lasers (the title stands for "Love Always Shines Every time Remember 2 Smile") has been a point of contention for months. Lupe fans petitioned Atlantic to demand a release date. With no concrete street date in sight, a bunch of Lupe fans announced that they would be staging a protest in front of Atlantic's New York office on October 15th.

Give Atlantic credit for moving quickly to resolve this issue. They probably did it to avoid the PR fallout that would have resulted from the protest, but it's still a commendable gesture. My guess is that Lupe also had to meet some of the label's demands (radio-ready singles, perhaps?)

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah there hasn't been that much music out these days with all the album delays, even Ice Cube's album came out a few months later than it was supposed to

• 2 weeks later...

I'm looking forward to this. I never picked up his last album. I just kept forgetting to get it. Lupe seems like one of the last great hopes for Hip-Hop on a mainstream level.

Definately worth picking up still AJ. In fact i stuck on one of the album tracks as my opening song of The DJ KevTastic Show.

This is fantastic news! I love Lupe, he seriously is one of Hip-Hop's brightest lights right now. I love the whole concept behind the album, POSITIVITY, LOVE & HAPPINESS!

If you want a preview - download
Shinning Down (ft. Matthew Santos) - I love this song!
I'm Beamin' - Amazing!
Solar Midnite (from the Harry Potter soundtrack), a great track which is a fusion of rock and rap.

This is from AOL News' Boombox...I love that he's calling out MTV...

-----------------------------------------------------------

Lupe Fiasco Lashes Out at MTV Over Editorial

Julien M. Hekimian, Getty Images
Lupe Fiasco has temporarily quelled his beef with Atlantic Records – fans can finally expect his long-delayed 'Lasers' album in March – but now the Chi-Town rapper has a bone to pick with MTV. His rage was apparently sparked by MTV's criticial piece 'Dear Lupe Fiasco: 10 Tips to Make 'Lasers' Successful,' which was posted on the Web on Thursday morning (Oct. 21).

Lupe took to Twitter just hours after the editorial was published to lash out at the television network, in a series of eleven tweets ... and counting. (Ranting isn't easy in 140 character bursts.) "Oh snap ... MTV (illuminati's favorite network) back on the attack ... why can't y'all just chill out? Salacious banality @ the speed of light? I think I've been very good natured with you," he began. "I personally know several employees of your company. You guys know me as well. I'm confused. Where is the true music journalism??? where is Suchin?!! What happened? Where are the honest critiques of cultural expression?"

Among the suggestions Fiasco took offense to were that he stop participating in supergroups, call Kanye West "like, NOW" for a contribution, and take cues from labelmate B.O.B., who was featured on the hit track 'Nothin on You,' after Fiasco passed up the opportunity.

"What are we supposed to be learning from you? What is your point?," a heated Lupe continued in his rant against MTV. "Do you have a point beyond corporate sponsored distraction? Your a materialistic shell of your former self that can only identify with celebrity pageantry and instant gratification. Corporate garbage pushing plastic lifestyles and wasteful, destructive behavior into the brains of the youth of the world."

Lupe, speaking for the general public, further exclaimed, "We want the REAL MTV back!," but noted that he wouldn't turn his back on the network. "So when your relevance thins in2 a whisper & the stock price collapses and you have 2 come 2 grips with the mess you made. I'll be here 4 ya," he wrote.

So far, MTV has made no comment about the scathing remarks. Lupe's 'Lasers' beams down on March 8, 2011.

Thank you Lupe.

MTV is a waste, its completely irrelevant. Nobody gives a crap about reality shows, no one gives a crap about Jersey Shore where the whole premise of the show is how many people you can have sex with, NO ONE CARES. Theres so many mindless people that MTV is manipulating and taking advantage of by pushing this garbage. MTV is an abbreviation for Music Television, right? Where the hell is the music?! Alot of people say hip-hop is dead, well MTV is dead.

Thank you Lupe.

MTV is a waste, its completely irrelevant. Nobody gives a crap about reality shows, no one gives a crap about Jersey Shore where the whole premise of the show is how many people you can have sex with, NO ONE CARES. Theres so many mindless people that MTV is manipulating and taking advantage of by pushing this garbage. MTV is an abbreviation for Music Television, right? Where the hell is the music?! Alot of people say hip-hop is dead, well MTV is dead.

NO TRUER WORDS HAVE BEEN SPOKEN!!!