JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Fresh Prince Season 6.

they are just putting out a very cheap version.. Warner Bros could have done so much more with a classic like that

They're releasing it because they released the fourth firsts seansons, so they can't unreleased seasons 5 & 6.

But it's obvious they're doing it just because of that.

And it's too bad.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air - Warner's Formal Press Release for Next Week's 6th and Final Season

Arriving this coming Tuesday with the last season of the show...yo, homes, smell ya' later!

Posted by David Lambert
4/13/2011

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

WARNER HOME VIDEO RELEASES
THE SIXTH AND FINAL SEASON
OF THE POPULAR FAMILY COMEDY

THE FRESH PRINCE OF BEL-AIR
ON DVD APRIL 19, 2011

The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air: The Complete Sixth Season
Features 24 Episodes in a Three-disc Collector's Set

BURBANK, CA - Warner Home Video (WHV) is set to release the sixth and final season of the hilarious family sitcom that launched the acting career of superstar Will Smith. The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air: The Complete Sixth Season will be available on DVD April 19, 2011. This release will feature 24 episodes on three discs and will retail for $29.98.

Will Smith and the rest of the cast take their final bows on the sixth and final season of The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air. A lot has happened since Will originally showed up on the Banks' Bel-Air doorstep and the final season keeps the fun rolling to the very end with hip comedy style, phat one-liners, and a not-to-be-missed blooper episode.

During the last season of the show, Will dates the ugly sister of an upcoming comedian played by Chris Rock. Carlton decides to run away prior to his interview with a representative from Princeton. Will and Carlton go to Las Vegas to celebrate Carlton's 21st birthday. Hillary decides she wants to have a baby. Phil and Vivian break up after Phil becomes wrapped up in politics but everyone else tries to get them back together. Geoffrey's long lost son visits. Hillary's show moves to New York and Phil puts the house up for sale.

Season six guest stars include William Shatner, B.B. King, Dick Clark, Richard Roundtree, Wayne Newton and Chris Rock.

"The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air had a remarkable run on television and it also gave us a tremendously gifted actor with Will Smith," said Rosemary Markson, WHV Vice President, TV and Special Interest Marketing. She added, "This show had an enormous impact on viewers. It drew a big audience and built a loyal, dedicated fan base that remains devoted to this day. We are delighted to have released all six seasons of this extraordinary family comedy."

The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air originally aired for six seasons, from 1990 to 1996, and became a big hit for NBC. The show focuses on Will Smith, whom, as a teenager from inner city Philadelphia is sent to California to live with his wealthy relatives. The sixth season of the show aired from September 1995 to May 1996. Since its original broadcast, the series has enjoyed numerous runs in syndication both on cable and broadcast channels. The first five seasons of the program are currently available on DVD.

About Warner Home Video
With operations in 90 international territories, Warner Home Video, a Warner Bros. Entertainment Company, a division of the Warner Bros. Home Entertainment Group, commands the largest distribution infrastructure in the global video marketplace. Warner Home Video's film library is the largest of any studio, offering top quality new and vintage titles from the repertoires of Warner Bros. Pictures, Turner Entertainment, Castle Rock Entertainment, HBO Home Video and New Line Home Entertainment.

About Warner Bros. Home Entertainment Group
Warner Bros. Home Entertainment Group brings together Warner Bros. Entertainment's home video, digital distribution, interactive entertainment/videogames, direct-to-DVD production, technical operations and anti-piracy businesses in order to maximize current and next-generation distribution scenarios. WBHEG is responsible for the global distribution of content through DVD, electronic sell-through and VOD, and delivery of theatrical content to wireless and online channels, and is also a significant worldwide publisher for both internal and third party videogame titles.

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Fresh-Prince-Bel-Air-Season-6/15253

Edited by Ale

DVD Review - The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, The Complete Sixth Season

By Sam McPherson || Filed April 17th, 2011

It's the show that launched one omnipresent career. Since his six-year stint as the star of NBC's sitcom The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, actor Will Smith has been in virtually every movie ever made (well, quite a few, at least). Watching the sixth and final season of Fresh Prince, it's really easy to see the charisma that led Smith to his A-lister status. He's able to deliver even the lamest lines with an earnestness that you can't help but laugh at. Of course, his character, also named Will, isn't incredibly deep (what sitcom characters are?), but what little range Smith is given here, he really does his best with it.

The supporting cast, for the most part, is gold. While Alfonso Ribeiro's Carlton is probably the most well-known, it's actually James Avery's Uncle Phil that is the heart of the show - especially in the surprisingly emotional last season. There are tons of tearjerking moments that surprisingly pack an emotional punch, mostly due to the strong bond that has developed between Phil and Will. It's been years since I watched Fresh Prince as part of Nick-at-Nite, but watching the finale, I found myself feeling as though I'd come on a long journey with the entire banks family, even though I'd only really seen a couple of episodes. That's pretty good writing.

There are some fun guest appearances throughout the season as well, with the best undoubtedly being William Shatner in the episode "Eye, Tooth," in which he, Will, and Carlton, get high on laughing gas in a dentist's office mishap, and go to a talk show completely wasted. It's a strange episode to be sure, but it's simply hilarious.
The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, The Complete Sixth Season hits stores on April 19. This is a sitcom with real heart and (gasp) actual laughs. I highly recommend it.

http://tvovermind.zap2it.com/tv-news/tv-on-dvd/dvd-reiv/55084

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Anyone else notice the error on the back cover of the DVD case? "A lot's happened since Will's life go flipped, turned upside down and he showed up at the Banks' Bel-Air doorstep.

Will's life go flipped? I coulda swore it was Will's life got flipped, turned upside down...

That error really bothered me for some reason. I wish they would've paid a bit more attention to the series and given us a few extras too.

Anyway, today I completed watching the sixth season and have now seen every Fresh Prince episode in its entirety.

• 3 months later...

I'm so happy that this show was finally completed on dvd. It took us 5 years of patience, we went through many ups and downs...but it was finally worth it :-) I'm happy the show is complete and I just started watching the episodes again. Thanks to Warner Bros for listening to us and finally releasing the final seasons!!