JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Jay-Z Disses Hammer, Hammer Responds!

bigted

hammer does have skills, everyone's perception of skills is different varies on opinion on the type of image that they portray, but he worked just as hard as anybody to make the industry, all these armchair quarterbacks who hate on him would deep down kill to be in his position, the only reason why rappers like hammer and will aren't in most people's top 10 lists like i mentioned they don't have parental advisory albums like 99% of the rappers in the top 10 do but they have just as much talent as any of them, the kids and critics blindly call them wack just 'cause they don't curse on record and that's what i call unfair, it shows the type of society we're in, the rappers who believe in god and have morals get put down while the ones who live a materialistic lifestyle get praised.... no matter what position we're in life we should all respect each other, none of these rappers including will are bigger and better than god, as a man hammer deserves as much respect as jigga does, just 'cause jigga's 'on top' at the moment doesn't give him the right to laugh at others, that's as childish as his fans, even though i don't like soulja boy and vanilla ice they don't deserve to be dissed as badly as they are, i don't like every artist out there but i don't go around making fun of all the weaker artists like other people do, you'll notice most of my posts on this board i give credit to those i like and i respectfully criticise who i don't like that much instead of blindly hating....that's all i gotta say, peace...
btw i just came back to put the 2nd part of the hammer allhiphop.com interview
he's right about how people say "oh he's wack, it don't matter how much
this rapper sold" then they say "this rapper's selling millions
and selling out stadiums", it's hypocritical, why is it great
for eminem and jay-z to sell millions but it's wack when will
and hammer did it?, hammer sums it perfectly in this line,
whether or not he's lyrical is anyone's opinion but "If a
rapper talk tough he gotta back what he say":

http://www.allhiphop.com/stories/features/archive/2010/11/09/22473262.aspx

Edited by bigted

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gay Z is not blindly hating? Changing his name to Knowles coz Bey has more power is not blindy hating? I have no problem with you saying those things but, c'mon son!

Bottom line is, your problem is with how hip hop has evolved, and not with Jigga himself. Your opinion doesn't define good hip hop, what is real or anything along those lines. Theres people in this world that think Michael Jackson's music is wack and would never consider him as high or even in the debate for the legacy he has. Who cares? Like who you like, dont like who you dont like, but don't make it seems like your opinion is the only thing that matters, because if it was, Hammer would be outselling Jigga, and thats never gonna happen. Now I'm not saying that makes Jigga more talented or whatever, but it definitly means a lot more people appreciate his talent more than Hammers. Don't hate on the artists, commercially people always make music people want to hear, since music was invented its always been that way. It just so happens that whats popular now doesn't fit your preferences, but it doesn't make it bad.

Plus, it wasnt even a diss, it was a fact. Hammers the maker of his own downfall, he blew his fortune, and Jigga could blow 30mil several times over and still be loaded. Its not a diss when its true, Hammers just embarassed he made mistakes that people could crack on/use. Jays not the first and he wont be the last. Fact!

i'll admit that calling gay-z is wrong but i haven't done that
on all the posts, i heard that in the news that he was gonna change his last name to knowles, i didn't just make that up... and well karma will come back to jigga if he's gonna go around and make fun of hammer like that, he thinks that he'll stay on top forever but he ain't bigger than god, everyone gets their chance to shine like i said before, besides ll cool j no rapper from 25 years ago is still popular, one day some young rapper will make fun of him too for his mistakes 'cause it's like LL said in an interview about how there's two ways you could be successful, you could either tear somebody else down to get to the top or you could build a ladder for others to climb at the same time but if you choose to tear others down it'll come back to you, think about that....

Edited by bigted

Jay hasn't torn anyone down on his way to the top, hes there on merit, he's at the top now and took a shot at Hammer, if you can even call it that. Taking a shot at Hammer does nothing for him so I highly doubt he did it with intent to increase his rep. Plus, it's not even a diss, it's a fact. If FP or LL or Hammer made jokes on someone you'd probably get a kick out of it right? It's no different to a comedian making a joke about someone. Jiggas also created a lot of opportunities for people to come through and he gives back more than you give him credit for. He has no karma coming his way.

Edited by Big Willie

Well dissing Hammer for going bankrupt is not original, bottomline no matter what people may think of Hammer they can't say that he's a coward, I like the way he handled the whole Jay-Z situation, he said what he had to and now he's moving on, that's real people do....

http://www.sohh.com/2010/11/mc_hammer_is_on_to_the_next_one_jay-z_to.html

I like Jay Z's music, that aint a surprise to anyone, but I want to see him respond. He plays it cool when people diss him, but I think he is afraid on going into some beef and getting destroyed. Being called up by Game, 50 (the second time), dipset (he responded 2 times, let them win), and now Hammer, it seems like Jay Lacks the capacity to defend his self imposed throne. All I say is, if you are supposedly the G.O.A.T then why didnt u respond to LL? Why cant u beat an old guy like Hammer? I think that Jay Z is afraid after what Nas did to him.

Rap veteran MC Hammer says that he's decided to keep things movin forward on his end, after his two-month beef slash issues with fellow rapper, Jay-Z. Hammer says that Jay-Z's referring to him and bankruptcy was dealt with when he released his "Better Run Run" music video and now it's time for him to move on.

"As a responsible veteran of twenty something years of this [Hip-Hop]. I can't leave it out there with tensions," MC Hammer said in an interview. "I am reading comments on both sides, it's not about that, I have seen all of that before. There is an opportunity to say at some point. We onto the next thing. You know, Jay took his shot and I answered. Now let's move on." (All Hip Hop)

http://www.rapbasement.com/rap/111110-rapper-mc-hammer-wants-to-move-on-from-dissing-jay-z-details-and-video-here.html

Hammer is just looking for some shine. Not that there's anything wrong with that but Jay-Z didnt take a shot at him. It's so funny how people can just take regular statements out of context. Was Jay-Z the 1st one to say that? No he wasn't. It's a fact. Hammer lost all that money, simple as that. Don't take it out on Jay-Z cause he publicly stated something everyone already knew. Now Hammer wants to move on? Funny how it all changes so quickly...I just can't take him seriously sometimes.

Oh for the record, I do have most of Hammer's discography including the b-sides (courtesy of AJ) and while he does have some good material, I wouldn't rank him as one of the best rappers ever. Entertainer? Yeah def one of the best ever and his "Better Run Run" track was catchy, I don't think the lyrics were anything special.

Yeah, I saw a headline saying he forgives Jay-Z or something like that yesterday. When I went back to find the article to read it I couldn't find it. MC Hammer has been so mistreated in this industry. One of the things he's allowed is so many people to go at him with responding. I think it was fine that he did go at Jay-Z. Jay goes around all cocky acting like he's a better emcee than he is and nobody really goes at him. I think it's good that Hammer stood up for himself and that he did go at Jay-Z. He knew it would get some attention and it did. The song was catchy and the while he did go at Jay-Z, the lyrics weren't gruesome and tasteless like many diss tracks are. Jay-Z's diss at Hammer was playing out and way too old for half of his audience to understand. It's not like it was lyrical genius or added anything to the song. That's why it came off as disrespectful. If Hammer wasn't relevant, he wouldn't have spit that meaningless line. I hope MC Hammer takes the right steps from here to get a new, quality album formed and out so he can continue his career on a stronger level.

Yo Jim how the hell could you say Kanye's one of the better rappers ever and Hammer ain't? Hammer's far more consistant than Kanye could ever dream of being, and btw Jay-Z' the one who's a coward 'cause just like Visqo said he makes fun of other rappers but yet he don't want to battle them for the throne, he even dissed Fresh Prince in a Source interview back in '98 by saying even though "Big Willie Style" is popular he's still a better rapper than him and he also dissed him on "Change The Game": "I'm still spittin' the real s***, Vol. 3 sold more records than Will Smith, and I come back to do it again", to me that line sounds like he said Will's not real but he is and that's why he sells more records than him...
I think it's time for FP and LL to unite with Hammer and bring some "real" back into hip hop....
Btw I was gonna keep this to myself and let this thread die down but it has to be said about how Jay-Z tore down his mentors Jaz-O, Sauce Money, and Dame Dash, on his way to the top, Jay-Z don't have no integrity in his soul, he's just as bad as Diddy with Bad Boy, what Hammer been saying is true, Jigga basically sold his soul to the devil just to be popular, he has no integrity.... I remember a lot of Eminem fans were saying that Eminem saying that Will don't have to curse to sell records while he does so f him is a fact too and that Will waiting 5 years to respond was a gimmick but the truth is that it's never too late to respond, it's a gimmick to me when you say things that you don't mean... Hammer stands by everything that he says when he defends himself, he's gotten more people to recognise that he's as real as it gets so he's not gonna keep on saying things about Jay-Z since Jay-Z' too much of a coward to respond back again, time to move on bottomline...

Edited by bigted

Hammer is just looking for some shine. Not that there's anything wrong with that but Jay-Z didnt take a shot at him. It's so funny how people can just take regular statements out of context. Was Jay-Z the 1st one to say that? No he wasn't. It's a fact. Hammer lost all that money, simple as that. Don't take it out on Jay-Z cause he publicly stated something everyone already knew. Now Hammer wants to move on? Funny how it all changes so quickly...I just can't take him seriously sometimes.

Oh for the record, I do have most of Hammer's discography including the b-sides (courtesy of AJ) and while he does have some good material, I wouldn't rank him as one of the best rappers ever. Entertainer? Yeah def one of the best ever and his "Better Run Run" track was catchy, I don't think the lyrics were anything special.

The most sensible thing posted in this thread :relieved:

well i've been thinking there's gonna come a day when the true artists will get their due, unfortunately they might not be alive to see it, if hammer died today people would probably turn to listen to his music again just like the day that michael jackson died, michael jackson lost a lot of his popularity in his last years of life but the moment he died people started buying his music, we seen how much criticism pac and biggie had for ruining hip hop's image in the middle of their "east-west beef" before they died but now they're hailed as the 2 greatest rappers, guru's getting more recognition after he died recently when for years people been sleeping on him...

Exactly the point I've been making.

@ Ted... every point you make is down to your opinion, you're not being objective. Not saying it makes you wrong or right, but if you look up to Hammer so much, lets do like him and, move on, coz this is going nowhere fast.

well i do give y'all some props for listening to hammer's discography before forming an opinion, that's far better than judging him off of one song like most do, we could agree to disagree, I wanted to add that's what frustrates me the most is when fans form an opinion off of one song on the radio or one music video on MTV, I don't do that when I form an opinion 'cause I got used Jay-Z and Kanye CDs, I borrowed 50's book from the library, I watched 8 mile when it aired on VH1, I bought some Lil' Wayne mixtapes from the corner store, it's not like I just criticise them from what's on the air, really you summed it up big willie let's just move on.... what you said in your signature about how people have reacted towards mj's death is the reflection of the music industry, fans are fickle...

Edited by bigted