JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Jay-Z Disses Hammer, Hammer Responds!

bigted

Jay-Z needs to stop acting like he's a god of rap and that he could say anything 'cause he's so rich, why don't he give back to his community like Hammer does, at least he went broke doing the right thing, Jigga is egotistical, I'm glad to see Hammer respond back, he should team up with LL Cool J and finish off Gay-Z... EDIT: I've been reading a lot of those posts there and what makes me mad is that a lot of these so called damn hip hop fans claim that rappers like Hammer, LL, FP, Ice Cube, etc are sellouts for doing advertisements/movies but yet their favorite rappers are Lil' Wayne, Jay-Z, Rick Ross, TI, Kanye West, etc. who try to do the same thing, fans are fickle, the whole damn rap game is on life support to me right now, a lot of artists are suckas and the fans are sheep....
http://www.allhiphop.com/stories/rumors/archive/2010/09/25/22407734.aspx

Edited by bigted

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never read the comments on the posts there, people are always saying dumb stuff like Free Lil Wayne, or Drake is the G.O.A.T, or like Young Berg is what real hip hop is all about. Im glad Hammer responded, I like Jay Z, but he has no business trying to hate on the hip hop heads..

Young Berg...holy crap. Who even remembers him?! Jay-Z is way too comfortable. I think that's why his music is often "safe" even when it's good. MC Hammer isn't scared to defend himself which I admire. He's always been the same guy since he 1st came on the scene. He has alot of things going for him that are not music related but he really needs to get that part of his career together. After all, he's an emcee 1st.

MC Hammer has actually been doing all right for himself musically, he released an album "Look, Look, Look" online in '06 and it went gold in digital downloads, and he still tours frequently, he has that reality series, cash for gold and other business ventures, he first came out '86 and is still in the game, very few could say that, just because he ain't selling 10 million albums anymore doesn't mean that he quit, he's too legit to quit really, lol, he's true to the game... people need start giving him his due, Jigga would still be broke if rappers like Hammer didn't open the door for him, but he seems to talk like he invented rap with the way he runs his mouth so damn much...

Edited by bigted

People have turned Jay into what he is right now.. He had a great idea. He started the 2000's by quoting every single line Biggie said in his raps and called himself the one who came to save hip hop. Since people dont know or dont want to know any other rapper with his longevity and experience in the rap, people seem to think he is all there is out there. Some of my friends compare every rapper to Jay Z. I dont think Jay Z is on that level, but my mom says, create a reputation and you can go to sleep, because people are gonna maintain it for u..

Exactly Visqo! Ignorant rap fans are the reason why Jigga's having success today, they don't know hip hop's history 'cause if they did he wouldn't be thought of so highly and the more original artists would be getting their due, if you compare him to the garbage radio rappers yes he sounds like he's the best, I'd buy his albums over Lil' Waynes and Drakes of the world but that don't mean he's the greatest ever....

Edited by bigted

Yeah welcome back Turntable! Now on this topic that sure don't sound like a compliment Jigga gave to Hammer with that line, really it's unnecessary to say something like that, it just shows that he hasn't grown up as much as you'd think he would, there was a while where I was starting to gain more respect for him after he squashed the beef with Nas but he started talking greasy about LL in Rolling Stone and now he's dissing Hammer in his song there, is he gonna diss FP next? Wouldn't surprise me 'cause they're all easy targets since they ain't popular as they used to be but like they say once a rat always a rat, 2Pac saw that when Jigga came out and he's still the same damn way, a lot like Jigga jumped on 2Pac's balls after he died but they need to recognise that Hammer was one of Pac's homies as well... I think hr's letting the success get to his head he needs to show respect to the legends that paved the way for him...

Edited by bigted

I can't agree with the statement that Hammer is doing well for himself musically. 2001's Active Duty had some good tracks and some filler and out-of-character trax. The Full Blast era had some good music but those tracks virtually didn't see the light of day. Look Look Look was hard to come by (I only saw it on one website and still haven't gotten it yet). And since then he's done some songs that were good but none of them have been appropriately released. Basically nothing since Active Duty has been properly promoted or released. If he'd put the music out there he'd have a decent following. His non-music projects are fine but they aren't what he's known for and ultimately don't matter when it comes to his career. I want to see an MC Hammer album on shelves in stores.

I didn't say he's doing great but I'm just saying that he's still in the game after 24 years, it ain't like he just quit, the problems he has musically really has more to do with the way the music industry has thrown away veteran artists like himself and others from the golden era of hip hop,(other than Dr. Dre really 'cause he surrounded himself with wack pop rappers so the industry could still like him, look at how Def Jam basically gave up on LL Cool J and he's the GOAT) it ain't really his fault why his career's not further along than it is, he's doing his best to his ability to keep going here....Hammer has over a million people following him on Twitter so you're right that if he gets his music out there they'll check for it, I think when he was promoting his reality show he said that he's working on a new album, a lot of people talking about him again right at this moment too, Jigga actually did him a favor if you think about it, lol... More artists these days are releasing their music through the internet, Hammer does too, but damn these ipods, I'm with you AJ I like to buy CDs, all this digital stuff is ruining the game in a sense that you can't get a physical copy of music so frequently...

Edited by bigted

I found this article saying that Nick Cannon challenges Eminem and Jay-Z to a tag-team wrestling match with him and MC Hammer, it's obvious that this journalist is brainwashed by the propaganda with the way he's riding balls of the popular rappers, he don't realise that MC Hammer's in much better shape than his age might indicate and that Jigga's out of shape like a 60 year old, Hammer's from the streets too just 'cause he chose to be a positive rapper don't mean he's soft, he got homies from street gangs in Oakland so if it really goes down he'd go down on top but he ain't trying to be violent, btw Nick Cannon won over some cool points for me when he married Mariah, that's the best move of his career, lol

-Obviously, Eminem didn't respond to Nick Cannon's request for a boxing match (which would have been a massacre, as was the consensus before), so the hubby of Mariah “Dead Horse” Carey is throwing out challenges again via Twitter--this time to MC Hammer and Jay Z.

Tweet Tweet:

"TAGTEAM WRESTLING MATCH!! Me and @MCHAMMER against @Eminem and Jay Z! LOL!"

Let's look closely, so as to hopefully quiet Cannon's rambling:

Exhibit A: Mr. “Can't Touch This” is 48-years-old. I doubt he is capable of throwing a worthwhile haymaker, let alone dodging blows from Slim. And of course, he could never count on his partner to tag in, because everyone knows that Cannon would mostly spend his time behind the ropes jabbering “Wild 'n Out” caliber insults and stretching stupid grins to scrape some sort of sympathy from whatever throng might actually care to show up for the massacre.

Exhibit B: Now, HOVA is a young 40-years-old, and we all know that the effects of growing up in the Marcy Projects doesn't leave the soul. Was I not clear in my post yesterday about Diddy and Jay Z? Jigga Man SHOT his younger brother when he was only twelve years old. Crack-cocaine dealer. And as for Slim, well, we all saw 8 Mile (as I mentioned before). Sure, it's a movie, but Eminem can still F*ck up “The Free World”.

MC Hammer got pissy after HOVA tossed a diss in his collab with Kanye on the track “So Appalled”: "Hammer went broke so you know I'm more focused / I lost 30 mil' so I spent another 30 / 'Cause unlike Hammer 30 million can't hurt me." I don't see anything untrue there—some people simply can't handle reality (and some people suffer for delusions, in the case of Cannon). Don't get disgruntled over the truth.

And, much to our chagrin, Cannon tweeted once more:

"Hey @MCHAMMER you know you my dude ... but I don't think Eminem or Jay Z are even paying attention to us!!! LOL. But I don't have nothing to lose!!! If I get beat up no one would be surprised ... It will just be more material for my stand up!"

I'm all for it. Madison Square Garden, Spike TV live stream, steel cage, cheap seats and charity tickets for the homeless and deviant looking for a few hours of refuge and back alleyway mugging-esque entertainment. Why not toss in G-Unit and and everyone that hates them into the mix, fans included, get a royal rumble out of this thing. Idea: let's start a petition—it seems to be a popular trend, and I'm sure HOVA could conjure some way for all of us to profit from it. We're talking Hannibal vs. Rome (except for the later years where it just got drawn out, but that doesn't count), Johnny Depp vs. Ben Affleck's movie career and worth to humanity, Achilles and the infinite number of drones slaughtered in the storming of Troy's beach. Let it happen—it's fate—and a little violence is always a positive thing for hip-hop.

Edited by bigted

You can't forget that Hammer also was in the miltary so he could put a boot camp on that ass, lol

Ha ha...I don't think Jay-Z has ever done anything athletic.

The thing I love about MC Hammer is that he came from streets that were much grittier than most rappers brag about coming from. The difference is, Hammer never defined himself by it. He put on shows, sported a showmanship style, and made music that wasn't explicit. He's always stayed in good shape and he has always been good with his hands (and this includes fighting). Let's see Lil' Wayne, Kanye West, Jay-Z, T.I., or Drake in a fist fight...lol. I don't need to say anything else. Fresh Prince, MC Hammer, LL Cool J, Marky Mark get flack for having mass appeal, but they would totally tear you up in a dark ally if you challenged them.