JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Willow Smith : Whip My Hair

MissAshley

Ten-year-old Willow could be on course to emulate her dad Will Smith this weekend as her debut single Whip My Hair battles Black Eyed Peas to top the UK singles chart.

Willow’s Rock Nation/Columbia release is currently around 2,000 sales ahead of Black Eyed Peas’ The Time (Dirty Bit), which OCC reports has more than doubled its sales on the week after the Interscope/Polydor act performed on last Sunday’s X Factor (have I missed something? x-factor performance?) results show.

Willow’s dad Will reached number one on the countdown in August 1997 with Men In Black, while the first instance of a father and daughter separately topping the chart was with Frank and Nancy Sinatra who also reached number one together in 1967 with Somethin’ Stupid.

The current number one, The X Factors Finalists 2010’s version of Heroes, is likely to make a sharp drop from the top this Sunday with the Syco single being outsold in the week so far not only by Willow and Black Eyed Peas but also by Polydor act Ellie Goulding’s Your Song and Def Jam/Mercury’s Only Girl (In The World) by Rihanna.

Michael Jackson is poised to make a chart return with his Sony-issued Akon duet Hold My Hand, the lead-off single from his posthumous album Michael, set to debut somewhere inside the Top 20. It is presently the 14th biggest seller of the week.

Also due to be among the new entries are Columbia’s Manic Street Preachers who are ranked currently in 26th spot with Some Kind Of Nothingness, which they performed last Sunday on BBC1’s Strictly Come Dancing. Meanwhile, Syco’s Alexandra Burke will move into the Top 40 with The Silence following her performance that same night on The X Factor.

Burke’s expanded version of her first album, Overcome, is leading the new releases on the albums market and finds itself in 19th place ahead of new sets from Epic’s Priests, Daft Punk with theirWalt Disney/EMI-issued Tron Legacy soundtrack, Warner’s Katherine Jenkins and Virgin’s Deadmau5.

Polydor’s Take That should spend a third week at one with The Progress, which is more than 20,000 sales ahead of the rest of the field. However, there is a battle going on for second place with just 2,000 sales separating Warner Bros act Michael Buble’s Crazy Love and Epic/Syco’s self-titled Olly Murs album.

There are unlikely to be any brand new entries in the Top 10, but Black Eyed Peas’ Interscope/Polydor album The Beginning and Columbia act Kings Of Leon’s Come Around Sundown both look like returning to the 10 this Sunday.

Edited by gosia

Willow’s Rock Nation/Columbia release is currently around 2,000 sales ahead of Black Eyed Peas’ The Time (Dirty Bit), which OCC reports has more than doubled its sales on the week after the Interscope/Polydor act performed on last Sunday’s X Factor (have I missed something? x-factor performance?) results show.

Yeah, BEP performed 'The Time' on X Factor last weekend. Not Willow if that's what you mean.

Willow's Full Performance at the LA Live Tree Lighting Show

Edited by Ale

Justin Bieber Adds Willow Smith To European Tour Lineup

'Whip My Hair' starlet tweets the news about My World Tour dates kicking off in March.

Beliebers, get ready to whip your hair. Willow Smith announced on Wednesday (December 8) that she'll be joining Justin Bieber on the European leg of his My World Tour, which begins in March.

The 10-year-old Roc Nation star took to Twitter to dish about hitting the road with the teen sensation: "Got news that my big bro @justinbieber invited me on his European Tour in March.so exciting! Maybe I'll let Jaden come..LOL #NEVERSAYNEVER."

But the addition of Willow to the European trek lineup may not be the only surprise Bieber has up his sleeve. Shortly after Smith's tweet, Bieber re-tweeted her message and replied, "@OfficialWillow get ready...i got more surprises coming. #MYWORLDTOUR."

But before Smith teams up with the Canadian pop star, the 10-year-old will celebrate the end of her roller-coaster year with an appearance on "Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve With Ryan Seacrest 2011."

Earlier this year, Bieber collaborated with Willow's older brother Jaden on a song for the soundtrack to Jaden's "The Karate Kid" remake. The video for Bieber's "Never Say Never" showed the duo recording the track in a studio.

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1653862/20101208/willow_smith.jhtml

Guest slatkica

Visqo,that's not big suprise if your dad is Will Smith LOL.I don't wanna sounds meen,I really like Will and his kids is talented but let's be honest,without Will's help (and his famous friends) her trip to showbizz would be much,much,much harder!Wishing her all the best anyway!
P.S.Sorry for my English!

• Admin

Only 1,000 units between Willow and the #1 spot on iTunes!

U.K. – Can we make it happen?

Send this to your family, friends – EVERYONE you know in the U.K. and let's make this happen!
Whip Yours Everyone,

WillSmith.com Staff

Whip_My_Hair_-_iTunes_Promo-300.jpg

Download "Whip My Hair" on iTunes Now

Copyright © 2010 Will Smith.

Well shes currently number 3 on the itunes chart, but the proper week chart is compiled by downloads and radio airplay on sunday night. She was number 1 on itunes for the majority of this week and shes getting a lot of airplay so shes got a good chance of being number 1 in the official chart.

Willow Smith 'never embarrassed by dad'

Willow Smith has revealed that she is never embarrassed by anything her father Will does.

The singer, who is currently battling for the UK number one spot, admitted that she is a fan of his work and likes The Fresh Prince of Bel Air in particular.

According to Bang Showbiz, she said: "He's my father - he doesn't do anything embarrassing.

"I've watched him in The Fresh Prince of Bel Air. It was very funny. I was laughing a lot. I found the words that he said and the clothes he wore really funny. And the jokes that he told too."

Speaking of her time away from work, she added: "I like playing with my friends and just being a kid. We go on the swings, play video games, read. I record at 12 o'clock, I do school then I come home and sleep."

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz/news/a292702/willow-smith-never-embarrassed-by-dad.html