JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Willow Smith : Whip My Hair

MissAshley

• Admin

My only concern is that the kids don't get to enjoy being a child.. those are the best years of your life..you should be having fun.. I remember them saying they had to extend the filming of karate kid..and jaden wasn't very happy about that..

• Admin

Willow is number 1 on UK itunes right now. The song is pretty big here, its on the radio all the time! It doesnt chart in the proper singles chart until next week, but its looking good for number 1 if u ask me.

looks like another #1 for the Smith family! I think it will go #1 right around the world.. like boom! shake the room

My only concern is that the kids don't get to enjoy being a child.. those are the best years of your life..you should be having fun.. I remember them saying they had to extend the filming of karate kid..and jaden wasn't very happy about that..

Co-Sign that it is my biggest concern, too. I remember one of the Karate Kid promos where Jackie Chan was mentioning this, too. On the other hand both are extremely talented in what they are doing. When i first heard Whip my hair, i was thinking if she works hard enough she will shut down in 10 years Rihanna and Beyonce. Jaden has the potential to be the next Johnny Depp. I wish them both the best for the future and hope that the one day will not regret their decisions.

When i first heard Whip my hair, i was thinking if she works hard enough she will shut down in 10 years Rihanna and Beyonce. Jaden has the potential to be the next Johnny Depp.

Thats what I ment. A lot of people seem to be overreacting. Come on man, for real? We have seen a lot of childactors as good as or better than Jaden and we have all heard a lot of young singers out of the Nickelodeon corner... Most of them will not be remembered 10, 20 years from now.. Why should this be diffrent? Why is everybody acting like Karate Kid had Jaden acting like Pacino and that Willow is singing like Aretha Franklin? Because they are Wills kids? Because Will seems like a good dad (which ya'll can't know by the way cause as far as I know none of ya'll hangs out with the guy. I'm not saying he's not, I am just saying we dont know)? If these were Puffys kids, most of ya'lll would tallk diffrent. I agree with Hero, they should enjoy their childhoods a little longer.

Edited by Turntable

You people are hillarious, you know? Worry about your kids and let will and jada worry about theirs, jesus christ... thats not your concern. You don't like willow's song - do not listen to it, you don't like karate kid - don't watch it and stop visiting the smith kids thread if you have nothing positive to say.

"my thing is you can't say nothing nice don't say nothing" - sounds familiar? it should...

It does, but it is wrong. I like Karate Kid, I even somehow like Whip My Hear, I'm just against making this all bigger than it is.

"...bigger than it is"? it is big! willow's number 1 on uk itunes (number 2 on us itunes i think), karate kid made about 370 mil all over the globe. i don't remember any other celebrity kids with this level of success before and that's why i think people are talking. The "smith" brand just adds more publicity to their projects.

Willow Smith to Whip Her Hair on Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve

It may be on past her bedtime, but that's not going to stop Hollywood prodigy Willow Smith from whipping her hair at Dick Clark's annual New Year's Eve bash.

Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve has revealed its top guests to PEOPLE, and they include La Roux, Ne-Yo and Natasha Bedingfield, in addition to Will and Jada Pinkett Smith's 10-year-old daughter.

Millions tune in every year to watch the iconic ball drop. Clark, 81, has served as producer and host of the ABC broadcast nearly every New Year's Eve since 1972.

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20447315,00.html

Just because you dont't remember does not mean it has not been there.. Next to that I do not mean that they did not score big, I'm Just saying that they aren't what some peple make them out to be, for example Jin.. Both of them are decent, not more in my opinion, which also has to do with the fact that they are very young. But whatever, I'm just gonna shut up now.

Edited by Turntable

Im wondering if Willow gets a number 1 will she be the youngest artist ever to get a number 1 song? Michael Jackson was 11 when he got his first wasnt he? I'll look it up, but if she is the youngest, thats a pretty big deal.

EDIT: Here we go, no not the youngest in the UK, but shes close.

For the UK.

Little Jimmy Osmond. He was just 9 years and 8 months young when he hit the summit in 1972 with "Long Haired Lover From Liverpool." Youngest female chart-topper is Helen Shapiro who took "You Don't Know" to the top at the tender age of 14 years and 10 months.

For the US

Stevie Wonder was only 13 years old when his album Little Stevie Wonder.The Twelve Year Old Genius topped the US charts in 1963.

Edited by Jazzy Julie