JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Willow Smith : Whip My Hair

MissAshley

Tim, why don't u think she sung live? Her vocals sound separate from the instrumental and backing vocals to me? Her performances was good and her interview was great. She's loaded with so much personality. Plus u see traces of her parents in her. I'm glad to see her doing well with the single. I just hope this doesn't have pops getting lazy and letting her take over the music reigns of the family.

Tim, why don't u think she sung live? Her vocals sound separate from the instrumental and backing vocals to me? Her performances was good and her interview was great. She's loaded with so much personality. Plus u see traces of her parents in her. I'm glad to see her doing well with the single. I just hope this doesn't have pops getting lazy and letting her take over the music reigns of the family.

I agree she def. sang live (with back up singers, they were up in the rafters)

From the way the track was layed (overlapping vocals) she can't sing it all on her own in a live performance.

I thought it was good for someone her age she has stage presence and energy, if she keeps at it she'll only get better.

• Admin

I agree she def. sang live (with back up singers, they were up in the rafters)

From the way the track was layed (overlapping vocals) she can't sing it all on her own in a live performance.

I thought it was good for someone her age she has stage presence and energy, if she keeps at it she'll only get better.

I think she recorded "live vocals" earlier and they played it over her pretending to sing.. when she sings into the mic it just doesn't match up for me? :prof:

I've seen that done before and it seemed obvious to me. I still don't think she did but watching the performance on YouTube isn't gonna give me the quality I need to make a proper judgment.

I just cant figure it out bcoz it looks live to me, but its way too good to be live lol.

Whatever happened, shes a damn good mimer if she was, we cant even tell.

Anyway, its getting played a lot over here, ive seen the video on at least 3 channels and its radio 1's record of the week. Its also currently number 4 on youtubes most played today, im not sure if thats in the UK or worldwide.

Edited by Jazzy Julie