JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

RARE TREAT!

Yep Yep...I watched that when it 1st aired on TV and taped it. That actually wasn't from an award show tho.' They did "I Wanna Rock" for the award show. This performance was from a special that focused on the award shows of the past that featured live performances.

Do you remember the name of the show at all AJ? I'm trying to keep it accurate...I could've sworn this was from the AMAs in 93, and didnt they do " I Wanna Rock" from the 94 AMAs a year later?

Ale, where is that Spanish performance? I couldnt find it

Edited by DevilsJim89

This performance was either late 1993 or early 1994. I don't know the exact title but it was an American Music Awards special...but not the actual award show. "I'm Looking For The One (To Be With Me)" was released in late fall/early winter and the special was prior to the award show. The did "I Wanna Rock" for the actual AMA's. I remember SWV in the crown loosing it...maybe that's what led to Coko being on "Men In Black" 3 years later. I remember Kenny G awkwardly getting into their performance too...lol. The award show was either December '93 or early '94. As I get settled into the new house I plan going thru' my 100's of VHS's and getting them transfered to DVD before they decay into oblivion. From there I'll potna with my computer genius so I can share some of it online.

Ale, where is that Spanish performance? I couldnt find it

Ahhh man, it seems they have removed the video from Youtube. I posted it here almost 3 years ago:

I'll see if I can find the performance somewhere else!

Edited by Ale

I'll say it again, this duo used to give awesome live performances! Most rappers cannot keep up in a concert. They need numerous hype men and the stage sometimes look like a thug show with multiple people singing with different voices on a song. FP could dance, and rap without missing a beat, and hype the crowd to keep them in their feet throughout the whole song. Just amazing!

• 1 year later...