JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Starter Commercial featuring DJ Jazzy Jeff (1992)

Ale

Back then it was the brand to go to when talking about hats.. I wonder what happened with it.. I used to have 6 starters caps when I started watching the FPOBA

Back in the day I never saw this commercial on TV but my cousin always talked about it. I remember he said that there was a DJ Jazzy Jeff Starter advertisement in one of the local athletic stores and he was going to try and get it for me but they trashed it. I was never into doing what everyone else was doing. Starter was the brand back in the day and I remember that their hoodies and hats were awesome. One of the few popular brands that had the quality to back up the hype.

This is pretty cool...there was another commercial featuring Jeff promoting Starter from around 1994 when he was in a classroom or something. Starter was awesome and there appears to be a Starter ressurection right now due in part to Wal-Mart purchasing the brand from Nike and Tony Romo is the current poster boy for the brand. If only they made jerseys, jackets and other sports apparel again

• 2 years later...
  • Admin

professor jazzy jeff!

They are releasing brand new starter jackets from August..they will be limited release! they are starting with the jackets eddie murphy and arsenio wore in coming to america

Starter has continued making clothes over the years. You can find it in places like WalMart. I'm not really invested in name brands, but Starter has great designs when they were on top. I've seen Starter jackets slowly being worn more often. They look exactly like that the ones in the '90's, so I can't tell if they old or if they are new. They look new, but I can't imagine them not touching up their design over the years. A lot of early '90's styles have trickled back recently, so who knows?