JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

What Are You Listening To? XX

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Joy Denalane Feat. Lupe Fiasco - Change - She is Germanys pride! AJ, you'd love this Album (her all-English album called Born & Raised)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFW0eq32S0o

She has also put out a live CD/DVD with Dwele, Tweet & Bilal singing and performing soul classics with the Dresden symphony orchester.. This is great stuff (http://www.amazon.com/Dresden-Soul-Symphony/dp/B001FNBBIG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1296835588&sr=8-1)

Her first album is great too, but it is mostly German (some parts are English and some parts are in an African language from which I cant remember the name) Edited by Turntable

JENNIFER LOVE HEWITT - Just Try

Can I Go Now (CD Single) (2003)

One of my fav songs by her. I'm pretty sure this was written by Brian McKnight.

Dude, I didn't know she is a singer too. Doe she still make music or is she at least planning to sing again eventualy?

Edited by Turntable

For some reason I'm not able to hear stuff on YouTube at the moment. I'll be checking out those Joy and Sarah songs when I have things fixed.

Jennifer Love Hewitt actually has for albums. Her first was in the early-mid 90's and it was only released overseas. I believe it's more teen poppish, her first US album came out in '95 I think. It has a few good songs but I'm actually a fan of her 1996 self-titled album and her 2003. She has an overall light pop and soul kind of vibe. Her lyrics are a little quirky sometimes but I really do like her music. Especially on a mellow day. I don't think she has any plans for a new album but with her career at a slow spot, I wish she would record. YouTube has her 2 most recent videos as well as the song/video she did for the "I Still Know What You Did Last Summer" soundtrack plus a live performance from her self-titled album.

COLBIE CAILLAT - I Never Told You
Breakthrough (2009)

Yeah, I really liked the second Joy song. That Sarah video is completely ridiculous...but musically, it isn't that bad of a cover.

ALICIA KEYS - Girlfriend
Songs In A Minor (2001)

Such a classic album. I can't help but nod my head every time I hear this. I was just listening 2 this in the car. Takes me back.