JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

What Are You Listening To? XX

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Pink is one of the fakest things to happen to music.. ever. Dont get me wrong, she sometimes does make good music, but she is such a huge gimmik, it hurts watching. She does not have any direction. Every three years she comes back making completly diffrent music than before, just because that is the sound that is in right now. She went from R&B, to (pop)Rock too Dance just because that's what's rockin' the charts at the moment.

Cmon man, dont be hating on pink just because she reinvents herself to please the audience. That girl is talented as hell whether I like her music or not.

Cmon man, dont be hating on pink just because she reinvents herself to please the audience. That girl is talented as hell whether I like her music or not.

I never said she is not talented, she is, and she is pretty good in everything she does. But that doesn't change my opinion about her "moves". Thats not reinventing anymore, thats trendhopping, or do you realy tink it is all a big coincidence? Another example of her beeing a gimmik is the fact that she makes anti Bush protest song (which is realy not something that is credible coming from Pink, but thats a diffrent story and only my personal opinion) YET ONLY RELEASES IT AS A SINGLE IN EUROPE. Tell me what you want, that sounds like a gimmik to me.

I simply can't see that. Especially from someone who thinks Nicki Minaj is talented/good/relevant. Sure, Pink's sound changed after her 1st album, but other than that, she's always had a broad variety of subject matter (serious, funny, vulnerable, empowering, etc). Her sense of humor and style has always been consistent due to the fact that it's always been so eclectic. Before she released her R-N-B album, she was in a punk band. She's always had a style that was impossible to put inside a box. Pink sets trends...she doesn't follow them. and "Dear Mr. President" was a video that got aired in the US. Pink hasn't had an official physical CD single released in the US since 2003.

P!NK - Dear Diary
Misundastood (2001)

One of my favs...I'm pretty sure Dallas Austin produced this one.

I'm sorry for acting out of line, mighty leader of the taste. I will go pray to MC Hammer now. :prof: Btw, I enevr said she isn't talented, in fact, I said that she is, twice. She has more talent than Nicki. That doesn't mean she isn't a gimmik. Nobody goes from being a Punk to R&B to Dance (according to trends) without losing credibility.

Edited by Turntable

I'm certainly not going to tell people what to like. I've been a close follower of Pink since 1999 and I'm not going going to challenge opinion but I will challenge something that's not correct. I think back to MC Lyte's line from "TRG"..."An emcee that last is an emcee that's clever." Speaking of all of music (going beyond Hip-Hop), someone who can balance a career successfully for a long time is either very clever or a huge sell out. Pink is one of the realest and most honest artists out there. I can say for sure that most of the artists right on the radio will not be around 10 years from now. Pink is likely to be one of the only ones.

JOHN REUBEN - Do Not
Are We There Yet (2000)

Tim, I've never heard of that guy. The beat is one of the best I've heard in YEARS!! Subject matter is average but over a dope song.

NEW EDITION - Hit Me Off
Home Again (1996)

From one of my favorite R-N-B albums ever. They need to do another album. They are at their best with all 6 of them.