JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Men in Black 3

Radewart

I like Emma Thomson but is Tommy Lee Jones going to be in the movie?

Yeah, I think it's been already confirmed that Tommy is gonna appear in the movie. Looking at the plot details, it seems he won't have a major role like in the first two movies though. It will be all about Will and Josh Brolin I think.

Edited by Ale

And more casting news..

Betty White Lands Motherly Role in 'Men in Black 3'

In an attempt to confirm some crappy unconfirmed rumors floating around the web, Bloody Disgusting learned exclusively that Betty White (shoot me now) has landed a cameo in Men in Black 3. We're also told that Nicole Scherzinger (the sexy Pussycat Doll) has an offer for the role of "Devil Girl" and confirmed reports that Emma Thompson is still negotiating for "Agent Oh." White, who has recently had a major career resurgence, will be playing one of the character's mothers. Being directed by Barry Sonnenfeld, the film stars Will Smith, Tommy Lee Jones, Jemaine Clement, and Josh Brolin. Columbia Pictures' 3-D sequel arrives in theaters May 25, 2012. The film will use a time travel element that moves the action from contemporary back to 1969. Brolin will play the younger version of Jones's Agent Kay character.

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/22032

• 2 weeks later...

Confirmed! Will Smith Nabs Nicole Scherzinger, Betty White For 'Men in Black 3' (Spoilers)

The third Men In Black movie is coming together just fine, thankyouverymuch.

Nicole Scherzinger has just confirmed that…

She and Betty White have signed on to appear in the upcoming Will Smith flick. The Pussycat Dolls singer told us at last night's Rocky Horror Picture Show tribute benefiting the Painted Turtle that she begins rehearsals next week followed by a December shoot.

Scherzinger didn't have deets on White's part, but said of her own role, "My name is Lilly. She's like a small villain role. I'm so excited because I get to die. I make an appearance. I say a couple of lines and then I die."

http://uk.eonline.com/uberblog/marc_malkin/b208411_confirmed_will_smith_nabs_nicole.html

Edited by Ale

White 'denies Men In Black 3 cameo'

Betty White has reportedly denied speculation that she will make a cameo in Men In Black 3.

The veteran actress was rumoured to be appearing in the upcoming sequel as the mother of one of the film's protagonists.

Tweeting from a BAFTA event in Los Angeles last night, E! Online's Marc Malkin said: "Just talked to Betty White. She said she is NOT going to be in Men in Black 3!!!"

Last week, Nichole Scherzinger confirmed that she would be starring as a villain in the movie, which is slated for a 2012 release.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/news/a286212/white-denies-men-in-black-3-cameo.html

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/movies/2010/11/men-in-black-3-delays-will-smith.html

"EXCLUSIVE: After a postponement of roughly a month, Will Smith's upcoming sci-fi comedy "Men In Black 3" will begin shooting tomorrow in New York. But in an unusual move for a big-budget Hollywood film, the production will take a nearly two-month hiatus from filming when it wraps for the holidays.

Two sources close to the 3-D production say the plan is for the film to shoot through the week of Christmas, then shut down until the middle of February, when it will resume.

The sources, who spoke on condition of anonymity because of sensitivities around the big-budget 3-D movie, say that screenwriter Jeff Nathanson, whose credits include "Catch Me If You Can" and "Rush Hour 2," has also been brought in to begin work this week on a new draft of the film's script. Nathanson will specifically work on the story's time-travel component that sees a leap back to 1969, when Josh Brolin appears as a young Agent Kay (the character made popular by Tommy Lee Jones, who also reprises the role in this film).

"Tropic Thunder" writer Etan Cohen authored the first draft of the screenplay.

The shoot that begins this week will focus on the film's present-day events, while the production that picks up in mid-February will be centered on the 1969 storyline, the sources said.

The schedule likely won't affect the planned release of the film, which is scheduled for May 2012. But production shut-downs are very rare, especially on bigger-budget films, as they tend to drive up costs (the crew must continue to be paid during the shut-down).

The film's producer confirmed the hiatus but said it was not the result of creative disagreement but rather part of a plan conceived months ago that would allow the production to begin in 2010 but allow parts of the movie, which is set in the summer, to shoot in a more temperate climate.

"We had to start shooting this year to take advantage of New York State tax incentives, but we also needed to be able to shoot certain exteriors in warmer weather," producer Walter Parkes said. "So back in July we had the idea to keep the start date but build in a hiatus so we could essentially extend the production to late spring.”

A Sony spokesman on Monday echoed Parkes' statement.

The news of the hiatus comes after reports last month that the third installment of the Smith-led franchise was being pushed back from its October start date -- the second time that the preproduction process was halted -- because of dissenting views on the story among Smith, director Barry Sonnenfeld and the movie's producers.

At the time Sony said the delay was happening for tax-incentive reasons and was not related to any creative disagreement.

The script for "MIB 3" has generated a lot of talk in the blogosphere, particularly for the "Back to The Future"-style plot twist that sends Smith's Agent Jay back to 1969. According to those who've read said script, he travels back in time and meets Andy Warhol (who is secretly an alien) and other counterculture figures such as Yoko Ono and Jimi Hendrix (also secretly aliens)."

Hopefully its nothing, but stopping production and reworking on the script during production is never a good sign. I'm tired of this kind of stuff always happening on Will's movie.

Will is back to work.. FINALLY! It's been a while :clap:

Will Smith Joins The Men In Black For A Third Time

Will Smith gets back to work on the hot upcoming blockbuster Men in Black 3 where he was slimed during the very first scene on his first day on the set as Agent J. Will had a laugh outside the building telling the cameraman he was all gooey and couldn’t stop to take a photo for the moment as he had goo all over his face and shirt and pants were drenched. The mega action star was filming at the Kaufman Astoria Studios where he got slimed once again by an alien and worked along side his co-agent and star, Tommy Lee Jones who were spotted leaving one after another out of the building after filming on his first day of work. The movie had been said be having problems getting started, but as of November 17th, the stars reported to duty and got the movie rolling.

http://www.splashnewsonline.com/2010-11-17/will-smith-joins-the-men-in-black-for-a-third-time/

Edited by Ale