JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Ja Rule's "Venni Vetti Vecci 2010" Still On Deck

bigted

New York rapper Ja Rule recently updated fans on the status of his comeback album Venni Vetti Vecci 2010.

Rule claims the solo album will introduce his new musical sound.

"It's been a good ride, you know what I'm sayin'? It's been a wild ride but it's been fun. But with this album I feel like I've conquered all those little obstacles that I had to get around, and now I'm ready to get this product out to the world again...I worked with a lot of different producers on this album. Some new guys, some veterans. The album's put together really well. It just has an overall feel to it, the sound is vintage Ja Rule, but then it's different, I've been playing with this new sound that I've been trying to develop. It's kinda hot, it's David Guetta meets the hip-hop world. The beats different, they're fresh, some of them are hard bass driven, and some of them have the big drums, big kick. It's kinda that sound that's tearin' up overseas right now, but we haven't really put our finger on it yet over here in the states. So I kinda put my own stamp on it with the sound and the music and stuff, and hip-hopped it out. It sounds real good." (Dubcnn)
Earlier this year, Rule changed his game plan on how he would release the project.

"I wanted to do a three disc set but I'm thinking about changing the idea of how I want to do it," Rule told interviewer Lola. "One set was gonna be all hip-hop. Straight back to the roots hip-hop was gonna be the first disc, then the second one was gonna be when I came into the game and kinda transformed, learned being in the business doing duets and stuff like that. The third disc was gonna be Rule, my new sound and that was gonna be that but the album is coming out crazy so I think I wanna give 'em, maybe a double. Or I might just give 'em 14, 15 bangers...This time, it's more of the content of myself, what I've been through, what I've seen...It's coming in the summer time, I was pushing for a June date but I don't know if I'm gonna make that date or not. So it'll definitely be here this summer." (iLuvLola)
Last September, Rule announced the upcoming album title and gave details on finding a distributor.

"I'm trying to take it up a notch, something a little more different," Rule said about Venni Vetti Vecci 2010. "Maybe I can have some of these spaces in time where -- this album, I really wanna make this album for the people, for the public so they can enjoy. This album's not about, we ain't getting money off rap records like we used to. So when I'm doing it now, it ain't for the money. It's for the love because it ain't out there like that. You can ask any rap artist out there that's doing it, the record business is not what it used to be so when you see artists like myself -- I do it for the love...I got a couple of companies that want the job [laughs] which is not a tough job, because it's only distribution and marketing, promoting. We finalizing the deal now and it should all be done within the next couple of weeks." (Rhyme & Reason)
Rule previously spoke on the status of his comeback album and what role the fans would have on the project's title.

"New album coming soon," Rule promised in an interview. "I think I'ma do something for the people where y'all help me with the title of my next album because I was gonna name my sh*t The Mirror but...the album got leaked...I think I'ma do a contest or something where I get the people to give me their feedback on what the album should be called...Keep talking, the album's coming. All y'all hater n*ggas, I love y'all. Keep running your mouths. Y'all n*ggas are helping my cause, keep up the good work." (Forbez DVD)

I could never see Ja-Rule getting past average status even with him striving for greatness. Don't get me wrong, I'll give anything an honest listen. It's just that he'll never be on LL Cool J's level. He'll never be on Chuck D's level. He's made some decent songs and he's made alot of awful songs.

Yeah Ja Rule ain't the most amazing mc at a lyrical level but he's a good song maker and from a lot of the interviews I've read from over the years he seems to be a cool dude which you can't say about a lot of today's radio rappers and btw I rather listen to an average lyricist like Ja Rule making songs I like rather than a great lyricist like Eminem that makes annoying songs

Edited by bigted

I believe being a capable of making good songs isn't something that a lot of people can. There are a lof of very skilled MC's out there who can't make good songs even tho they'd freestyle the ish out of most rappers. I respect skillz, but at the end of the day I wanna listen to good songs. If you are an amazing rapper and you can make good songs, you are a G.O.A.T. to me, like LL or Nas.

Edited by Turntable

Talking about Eminem, the new album is coming. Do u think his first release is going to be his typical song making fun of people, with an annoying voice, made for MTV??

Talking about Eminem, the new album is coming. Do u think his first release is going to be his typical song making fun of people, with an annoying voice, made for MTV??

More than likely since it's been that way for the last 10 years but if he really wants to turn it around he'll do something different

The new Eminem album is slated for late June. It's called Recovery. I thought Relapse was a step in the right direction. I'm hoping "recovery" means he's making a further growth to better music. I'm hoping that the smaller level of success of Relapse doesn't have him going back to the 2001-2008ish Eminem. His rap on that B.O.B. track is the weakest part of the song...the annoying rapping voice was in tact.

I think Ja said that he's done with beef and wants to focus on music, but man he did rip 50 good when they did beef so I wouldn't mind if he did destroy that sucka mc once again, anybody that says Ja's a weak lyricist needs to listen to those battle tracks man they were hardbody...Also for the record I think Eminem's last album wasn't as bad as his other albums since "MMLP" but the problem that ruined it was those annoying voice changes, it's gonna take quite a "recover" literally for him to give me a better impression...

Edited by bigted

I think Eminems last decent Album was The Eminem Show and Eminems last good album was the one he didn't really release, but that's just me :pound:

Ja Rule did make some good battle rap. If you check his Blood In My Eye Album, you'll see that that is his only album without any pop tracks really, it's just diss tracks against gunit/shady/aftermath from the beginning to the end. The beats are banging and the raps are raw. I love that record, but you gotta be in the right mood. :bump2:

Not the best battle lyrics he did, but the rawest battle track for sure, they killed them on this one. "First off **** the snitch and that unit he claim/ **** Dre partial, and Eminem/ Plus the world heard it before, they tired of them / And they waiting for that thug **** from Rule' again" Just a sick way to start of a diss track. Edited by Turntable

http://www.rapbasement.com/eminem/042810-eminems-manager-gives-details-on-eminems-first-single-listen-and-watch-here.html

here are the news about Eminem's recovery first single..

http://www.rapbasement.com/ja-rule/042710-rapper-ja-rule-calls-beefs-in-hip-hop-and-rap-are-wack-watch-and-listen-here.html

this is Jarule saying that RaP beefs are "wack" LOL