JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Check these Mcs out: New school, but true school!

Turntable

I made this playlist today, only containing new (some of them more, some of them less - but all of them still at the beginning of their career) MCs - It's straight fire, and who am I not to share it with ya'll? Check those guys out and don't forget that this is just the tip of the iceberg. Hip Hop Aint Dead.

Wale Feat. J. Cole & Melanie Fiona - Beautiful Bliss

Jay Electronica - Exhibit A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qN9ApBHDA2g

Edited by Turntable

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for sharing that list Turntable, some dope tracks right there, some of them I never heard of before, you could add this song by Torae Feat. Sha Stimuli and Kel Spencer called "Save The Day" to the list:

You did GOOD on this! I like all of these trax...I LOVE more than half of them and will be peeping out the albums. The artists I'd never heard of were the ones I liked the most.

Here's a group I found out about last year...

Luck One + Dekk "Coulda Been Me" from their album Beautiful Music

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25HWE3RJnpI&feature=related

Edited by JumpinJack AJ
Stupid video didn't embed...

Some of them don't have "real" albums yet, just mixtapes or download albums, but some of them allready did release a album, Black Milk released two solo albums and a street album with Bishop Lamont (his solo albums are great, he is an amasing producer but the album with BL isn't that great), Skyzoo released one just recently called Salvation (he also released a street album with 9th wonder but The Salavtion is even better), Fashawn released his Album called Boy Meets World (dope), Saigon released a download only Album with Statik Selektah called All In A Days Work (which is good but hard to get) and a lot of Mixtapes (His album keeps getting delayed because he struggles with his major label), Joel released one but that's a while ago (you might remember the single Hip Hop with Jadakiss and Saigon), he will release one soon though, Call Me is his new single, Termanology released a few (dope) and will release a album with Statik Selektah, Reks two (but one only for download, both dope, he's a deep dude), Young De didn't release one yet (He's from the soul assasins camp btw), nether did Jay Electronica as far as I know, but he's busy working on his solo album and will also release a Album with Nas & one with Mos Def & Currensy (sick, I know), Torae released several albums, one with 9th Wonder and one with Marco Polo, Wale released his album and it did well actualy, he has a major deal, J. Cole is the first artist on Jigga's new Label and will drop soon too

I can keep you updated abut further developments if you want, I'm realy into that new generation.

Which tracks did Ya'll like the most? That Luck One & Dekk Track is nice btw, never heard of them I' gomma check them out

Edited by Turntable

This is one of the better threads that we've had in here for awhile, this is something we should keep going... Btw it's hard to choose which songs are my favs 'cause they all got their own feeling to it, I really like that song that AJ posted too

Edited by bigted

Check out Grafh's "I Don't Care", he did that hot freestyle on LL's "Return Of The GOAT Mixtape":

I found this hot mixtape that has a good mix of talented new school and veteran mcs:

http://www.livemixtapes.com/mixtapes/11672/this_is_hip_hop_12.html