JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

ID4 2...and 3?

Radewart

I wouldn't find mind seeing a movie like Enemy of the State. I believe that if it were written correctly it could have a good sequel. I rather just see a new movie with some of the same formula.

MaxFly, you brought up some really good ideas. I just don't think they are worth being made into a motion picture. Especially after this long. That idea sounds awesome for another movie (not and ID4 sequel)...or an animated movie or a book. 14 years later things would be pretty much back to normal. And it can't take place in 1996. That would make no sense.

I think that a while a new movie would ultimately be a sequel drawing from the events of 96, it would have a lot of new elements and characters in it, which would make it fresh and exciting and not a typical sequel. While the 14 year gap may seem like a hurdle, it can also work to the advantage of the story. Whether through flashbacks or vague hints and references throughout a sequel, we can revisit what has happened since the 96 disaster and what events have lead us to this point 14 years later. Not having to take up the story right after the 96 events affords us the opportunity to see what has changed with the passage of time, how some of the characters have changed, how world governments have changed, and how human outlook and the concept of life and even our place in the universe has changed with the arrival of hostile aliens.

I'd also contend that after 14 years, things wouldn't be back to normal or even close to it. The Washington DC, New York, LA, Paris, and most of the other major world cities were destroyed and huge alien ships that were destroyed or disabled in the 96 offensive have crashed onto the aftermath of those cities. Hundreds of millions of people have been killed all over the planet. There is nuclear fallout on certain parts of the planet, both from nuclear weapons used during the 96 battles and the likely destruction and decay of nuclear power plants. New governments and factions will undoubtedly pop up all over the world, even in the US. It's a planet that will still be at war with an enemy that is greatly weakened, but still formidable and dangerous. Our technology has advanced because of what we've learned from the aliens, and we've had great victories over the last 14 years, but also major defeats that have cost us. Perhaps I've misunderstood what you were trying to say, but I have an extremely hard time seeing things returning to normal in only 14 years after an ID4 like world event.

I love "Enemy Of The State" as well, I think this would make a better fit for a sequel than "ID4"

I'd just like to see will do a movie that is good. The last one was Hitch. don't think its gonna be an ID4 sequel.

Pursuit of Happyness was good, a little sappy in some parts, but overall it was one of Will's best. If it not your kinda of film, thought, then your not gonna like it.

I'd just like to see will do a movie that is good. The last one was Hitch. don't think its gonna be an ID4 sequel.

Pursuit of Happyness was good, a little sappy in some parts, but overall it was one of Will's best. If it not your kinda of film, thought, then your not gonna like it.

I like Pursuit Of Happyness too, I agree that it's one of Will's best films