JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Will to decide between MIB3 and The City That Sailed films

BDuncan

Without any music at the moment, I'm left kinda uninterested in my favorite emcee of all time. It's a sucky place 2 be.

Absolutely! I couldn't have said this any better myself. It also partially explains why this forum has been going through a bit of a dry spell. How could he not record anymore? I can't wait for Jeff to drop some new music. We use to always think that if Will had time off, he "could be" or "maybe" is working on new music. He's been quiet for almost a year and a half now so I wonder whats going on. You gotta give the fans something to chew on for awhile, L+F ran its course but I've been ready for new material. I'm so sick of Will as a "director's tool" and not using the mic as a "tool" to be himself.

The forum is going through a dry spell, because Will has released anything since late 2008..no music AND movies!

I'll share my thought here,since everybody is posting in this one, even though my post was first, :) just kidding. Men in Black 3 if Tommy Lee Jones is onboard in some capacity. Will and his chemistry is the key to these movies. If no Tommy Lee Jones, then pick something else. I don't want that City that Sailed movie. I read the script and while it will have great visuals, it really is cheesy with heavy-handed heartwarming family moments. Plus, we all know Willow would play his daughter in the movie, and they my be the breaking point for alot people with Will's kids.

I'll share my thought here,since everybody is posting in this one, even though my post was first, :)

Oops, I didn't see your topic, Rad. Thanks for sharing anyway. You're always quick when it comes to Will's next projects :)

Plus, we all know Willow would play his daughter in the movie, and they my be the breaking point for alot people with Will's kids.

I hadn't thought of that before :laugh: ('I Am Legend' flashback)

Edited by Ale

I hate to call it a comeback but Will has been away for so long it sort of is, whatever he chooses it needs to be good. I think MIB3 is a safer option and i think he needs to play this one safe and take risks when hes been around a bit more.

And im so with everyone else about us more likely to get music with MIB3, im a music whore, i want it whatever way i can get it, i dont care what movie it is, as long as Will is on the soundtrack lol.

• Members

Why a Comeback? Is he had say goodbye people this is my last movie?

No. He only make a Break so "Comeback" is not right.

The same was happens with singer Robbie Williams. He was a few years away with lot of private problems. He make a new album and everywhere i read "Comeback"... -.-

• 3 weeks later...

MIB3 is coming!

Smith And Jones Confirmed For MIB 3-D

According to director, Barry Sonnenfeld

Source: Showbiz 411

Barry Sonnenfeld has confirmed to Roger Friedman that Will Smith and, after months of speculation, Tommy Lee Jones will star in Men In Black III.

Smith has been on board Sony’s threequel for some time, but Jones’ involvement was less clear, with Josh Brolin mooted as a replacement, while the likes of Sacha Baron Cohen had also been in the casting frame. However, Jones has been concentrating on smaller dramas, like In The Electric Mist and The Company Men, for some time, so the chance to exercise those blockbuster muscles (and pay for a new conservatory) was probably too good to pass up.

At the moment, little is known about the plot of the movie, which Sony will be aiming to get into cinemas by Memorial Day 2011 (that’s May 30, 2011 to the rest of us), but we imagine it’ll involve Agent Jay (Smith) and Kay (Jones) getting in way over their heads with some angry alien beasties. But Sonnenfeld did drop one more bombshell – MIB III will, like every single film in this or any other post-Avatar universe, will be in glorious 3D.

Actually, 3D should suit Sonnenfeld’s manic camerawork pretty well and, with the Smith/Jones deadpan dream team reunited, we’re now quietly optimistic about this one. Especially if they bring back Rip Torn – in full drunken bank-robbing mode – as Chief Zed.

http://www.empireonline.com/news/feed.asp?NID=27639

http://www.imdb.com/news/ni2164194/

MIB3 is coming!

According to director, Barry Sonnenfeld

Source: Showbiz 411

Barry Sonnenfeld has confirmed to Roger Friedman that Will Smith and, after months of speculation, Tommy Lee Jones will star in Men In Black III.

Smith has been on board Sony’s threequel for some time, but Jones’ involvement was less clear, with Josh Brolin mooted as a replacement, while the likes of Sacha Baron Cohen had also been in the casting frame. However, Jones has been concentrating on smaller dramas, like In The Electric Mist and The Company Men, for some time, so the chance to exercise those blockbuster muscles (and pay for a new conservatory) was probably too good to pass up.

At the moment, little is known about the plot of the movie, which Sony will be aiming to get into cinemas by Memorial Day 2011 (that’s May 30, 2011 to the rest of us), but we imagine it’ll involve Agent Jay (Smith) and Kay (Jones) getting in way over their heads with some angry alien beasties. But Sonnenfeld did drop one more bombshell – MIB III will, like every single film in this or any other post-Avatar universe, will be in glorious 3D.

Actually, 3D should suit Sonnenfeld’s manic camerawork pretty well and, with the Smith/Jones deadpan dream team reunited, we’re now quietly optimistic about this one. Especially if they bring back Rip Torn – in full drunken bank-robbing mode – as Chief Zed.

http://www.empireonline.com/news/feed.asp?NID=27639

http://www.imdb.com/news/ni2164194/