JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

City that Sailed vs. Men in Black 3

Radewart

http://www.collider.com/2010/03/23/will-smith-to-head-to-the-city-that-sailed-or-suit-up-again-for-men-in-black-3/

It looks like Will Smith has narrowed his many possible projects down to The City That Sailed or Men in Black 3. After over a year of speculation, Variety reports that the actor will likely make one of the projects his next feature. While, the plot of MIB 3 is unknown, we all know what kind of movie it will be: sci-fi action-adventure. But The City that Sailed is an adventure-fantasy we first reported on back in July of last year. Here’s what I wrote about back then:

Written by Andrew Niccol, the story follows a New York City street magician whose daughter, because of family circumstances (read: Daddy likes the whores), lives in England. In exploring a lighthouse one day, the girl discovers a room with magic candles and wishes to be reunited with her father, causing the island of Manhattan to break away and drift across the Atlantic, the magic candles apparently not having access to priceline.com or any comparable service. I guess the other option is that she could just walk across…if it’s not too deep.

Edited by Radewart

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Looks like Men in Black 3 is it, and like every other movie, it's gonna be in 3D!

http://www.hollywoodnews.com/2010/04/20/%E2%80%9Cmen-in-black-3-d%E2%80%9D-set-to-roll-with-will-smith/

"I guess it’s official, more or less.

Director Barry Sonnenfeld tells me that “Men in Black 3-D” is ready to roll. Will Smith has signed on, Tommy Lee Jones is in, and a script is awaited.

Yes. I did say 3D. “Men in Black 3″ will be in 3D. Sonnenfeld says it is so. Why not? Everything else is, and this is one movie that might be cool in the process.

Sonnenfeld told me he’d get me a neuralizer–that’s the cigar holder like gizmo that erases memories–but he couldn’t promise it would work! (I love that thing.)

Nevertheless, you can bet Sony is juiced to get this puppy moving since “Spider Man 4″ fell apart. They are in desperate need of a blockbuster for next Memorial Day May 2011. And “Men in Black” is like money in the bank.

I ran into Sonnenfeld, by the way, at Vanity Fair’s annual outdoor cocktail soiree at the New York State Supreme Court building. This is the party that launches the Tribeca Film Festival. Graydon Carter greeted each guest as they climbed the massive stairs to th e portico. Right behind him were Robert DeNiro and Grace Hightower, Jane Rosenthal and Craig Hatkoff, and everyone who’s anyone in town."

Edited by Radewart

• Members

Men in Black 3 (D)?

Good. But please, please make it direct in 3D and not after it in a studio. Because this 3D is only for making Money with no Love. Look @ Clash of the Titans... really bad and flat 3D effect. "Avatar" was shot direct in 3D

And i not really need a 3D Movie when its not a really 3D Movie;)

Edited by BWS.com

If it was about favorite movies, I would like independence day 2, that doesnt make it a good idea.. I would like to see another bad boy, but im not thrilled by men in black..

Hell yes, "MIB3D" sounds like the perfect comeback for the Fresh Prince