JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Is Will Smith A Overall Good Actor?

markwinfield1

15 members have voted

1. 1. Is Will Smith A Overall Good Actor?

• Yes
    • Sometimes
    • No

it's not a prediction dude. it's just my opinion. i mean theres nothing wrong about it. lets get easy, its nothing big right?

When you have an opinion on how something would be before its actually happened, that IS a prediction, dude!

I can see you not wanting to have an opinion because you'd like to see how he would perform in a theatre, but to say he'd suck and he's not a great actor because you think he would suck, its just a little far-fetched to me. But yea, no big deal at all, just a discussion man.

• Members

he's a very solid actor. i wouldn't say he's great, he's no Denzel/Deniro/Hoffman but he's very good. he himself says he doesn't think he's that great of actor, he just works very very hard and that's where he excels, I think that pretty much sums it up. he was amazing in "Ali" though, i think that's his best performance to date.

@big willie

that's a point about the prediction thing but the thing is that he just didnt have a theatrical education. all he ever did was camera acting and these both are 2 totally different things. it's like saying that a soccer player is basically good at basketball. in my opinion he's not, first give me a proof and i'll tell you that he's an overall good actor, but as long as i just can make any assumptions, based on my knowledge about his education and career, i'll go for the most probable and with an actor who's never ever played in a theater it is very likely that he hasn't developed the specific skills needed for that.

and btw, i also had some other points why i don't see him as an overall good actor.

Fight fight fight fight fight!!!! lol

I thought you was gonna burst out into a Cheryl Cole song there for a second, bruh.

@DefCEM

Soccer to basketball is a bit of a reach when they are totally different sports. Camera acting and theatre acting are still in the acting field, maybe if you'd used a good college basketball player wont automatically be a good NBA player. I see the point you're making however, much like stepping up from college ball to the NBA is a different process all together, so is going from camera work to theatre. All your other points are solid, no doubt, but I dont see how you can judge the remainder of someones abiliity based on something they've never attempted. Obviously you can make an educated guess based on the points you said in your last post, but it is nothing more than simply a guess.

• Members

@big willie

that's a point about the prediction thing but the thing is that he just didnt have a theatrical education. all he ever did was camera acting and these both are 2 totally different things. it's like saying that a soccer player is basically good at basketball. in my opinion he's not, first give me a proof and i'll tell you that he's an overall good actor, but as long as i just can make any assumptions, based on my knowledge about his education and career, i'll go for the most probable and with an actor who's never ever played in a theater it is very likely that he hasn't developed the specific skills needed for that.

and btw, i also had some other points why i don't see him as an overall good actor.

Sorry men. But if you don't have a "theatrical education" it is NOT mean that you couldn't be a good actor. First question, Is Will playing in theaters? No, he isn't and wasn't. That's why how you can judge him for things he never did. He can be the best theater actor ever if he would play in theater, and he can also be the worst. Dude, i can't understand you. Look for this things witch he did, and judge this what he did. Not things what he didn't, just because it's stupid. And you don't know that he hasn't specific skills. You can't just can't judge someone for the things this person never did. Now i don't mean Will exactly right now, i mean generally. Sorry men.

• 2 months later...