JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Lil Wayne Shoots 7 videos in one night!

VIsqo

Lil Wayne Shoots 7 Videos In One Night

Monday, 01 March 2010 | Written by Jason

"Right now Im on a video set , Im shot seven videos tonight. "I just shot "Runnin" from the "Rebirth" album.." Weezy continued "I shot 10 in 2 days before, but now Im about to do 7 in one night." Wayne says the next video hes working on is for his Young Money star. "Next is Drake." Wayne goes on to talk about needing more MTV awards as he has a "house full of BET Awards already."

Shot on Sunday (February 28th), giving him only a few more days of freedom, Lil Wayne promotes his twitter account, showing a t-shirt with his username "these are the new shirts you should be dying to get, the hottest nigga on twitter right now."

Source: Rapbasement.com

Say what u will, but the guy really works hard.. He hasn't stop since his last album...

True, he does, he always did.. I saw this documentary about him, and no mather where he is, if he has 5 mintues he gets out his laptop and his mic and starts recording.. The only problem is that most of the material is wack.. Hard work does not make his ish better.. It sure it helps him sell records though, so props for that

I was talking to my cousin yesterday about it. Lil wayne insists in being in everysinglesong out there and he seems as i he takes 10 minutes and writes a verse, do not revise it and just put it on the songs... The same way he seems to make a mistake, I mean, a mixtape every week lol. I bet that if he stops focusing on quantity and starts thinking about quality he would get in a top 10 rappers list since he already has the heart of the fans.. Meanwhile he will have sometime to think about it in jail when they eventually do actually throw him in..

He does not insist to be on every song, he gets paid by everybody to be on their songs, I read in the Juice that he gets 150k for one verse.. So you cant blame him for doing all those guest verses. I agree about the quality thing, because next to his terrible voice (and the fact that he seems to be very disagreeable), his lack of quality songs is the biggest issue I have with him. Who cares if he can write 16 good bars, if his voice sounds like he is a crack baby and his song sucks. The only song that realy is his own one (and not just a track that he happened to be on) that I realy enjoy is "La La", mainly because the beat is dope and Wayne does, for once, not bother me.

Edited by Turntable

I heard he doesn't even write his verses at all, just freestyles everything :chores038: I can believe that cause my roommate is good enough to freestyle tracks out too with ease, but he chooses to write.

I give him props for his hustle, but I can't listen to his music without laughing at how ****** up he sounds or how bad his lyrics are..

Edited by bart5

I dont know if he freestyles.. He writes his lyrics in his head I guess. As far as I know, when he thinks of a rhyme, he records it right awaw, it might be just 20 seconds and he uses it for a song later on.. I however did hear that he writes his lyrics down and all when it comes to recording a real album.. but whatever :ph34r:

Well, I heard the snippet on the rebirth and I think it was a big mistake to make that album,, Just a couple good songs at best. Young money is gonna have their hands full with Drake's new album coming now, and all those collabo's wayne did lately. Drake aint also that good either, he seems to have the same flow and attitude in all his songs, so its like hearing the same thing all over. The lyrics are better, but he only seems to talk about the things he just got or the bad that people feel seeing how he stepped up, or the things he is gonna get in the future..

One thing I like about Wayne is the hooks, like the one he did for Game's my life or for that song doufle bag boy or whatever, hello brooklyn, ect.. He should do like tpain in dj Khaled songs and just dedicate to do hooks in songs..

I think Drake is average, he has his moments though, I like Forever and Best I Ever Had (Remix). I always think of Degrassi though. Jae Millz is also average, he was better when he first came out though. Nicki Minaj is not as bad as people say, she has spit some good verses by now, but she is not more than average too. I dig her on Mariah's Up Out My Face Remix and on Drakes Best I Ever Had Remix. The rest on Young Money is terrible to say the least. I mean, Gudda Gudda? What the hell? Ah well, I dont care anyway. I'm gonna go listen to some Termanology now. :wave2:

Edited by Turntable

Lol, I dont think Minaj is any better than the others, except Mills and Drake.. The only thing is that the black barbie girl has gotten more oportunities and she is making the best out of them.. She is in almost all the remixes out there right now, even with Luda in his new hit.. Drake can be good from time to time, and his new album is expected to become the best seller this year.. By the way, have u checked out the first single he released for it? its called OVER.. I think it was a bit "over" the top since the beat and the hook get annoying, the autotune is used in a wrong way (if u can say that) and he raps too quickly and strong for the military beat he uses..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsKOIokfBrw

The chick's bad. no doubt about it, but about the flow part, Im not sure about that dude.. She looks as if somebody writes her lyrics so she doesnt seem as confortable when rappin.. I like her in the videos, but I wouldnt put a song with her alone in my ipod..

Well like Turntable originally mentioned Lil' Wayne puts out a lot of quanity but not enough quality, it reminds me of when 50 Cent shot a video for every one of his songs off that weak "The Massacre" album

17 videos is ridiculous. He is overcompensating for being away for a year. It's not hard to make a lot of videos in a few days when you're standing in front of a green screen for all 17 of them. Hell, most of these videos won't make it past the net, but whatever. They weren't made for me anyway.

Edited by Silver Tiger