VIsqo

The 10 Best Rap Albums of 2009

Countdown of 2009's top hip-hop albums

By Henry Adaso, About.com Guide

http://rap.about.com/od/top10albums/tp/BestHipHopAlbums2009.htm

The Most Disappointing Rap Albums of 2009

By Henry Adaso, About.com Guide

http://rap.about.com/od/top10albums/tp/WorstRapAlbums2009.htm

I do not agree with either list, the order basically and I dont think some of them albums where that dissapointing, and not including the BP3 in the list was a big mistake..

Rakim's album is probably the best album of the year, one of the best that I heard in years, how the hell could it be the most dissapointment? Rakim could rhyme circles still around any of these rappers these critics hail like Eminem and Jay-Z... These lists are BS, btw I feel like I'm the only one that liked Busta Rhymes "Back On My BS" but really like all other albums he released it's dope, he never dissapoints me musically, even though he seems to be a shady personality, he's like the Tiger Woods of rap, lol....

Edited by bigted

Rakim's album is probably the best album of the year, one of the best that I heard in years, how the hell could it be the most dissapointment?

cuz the producers are wack for the level of Rakim ,easy like that ..nobody is saying Ra aint on point or the lyrics aint dope , its shame that he dont have the money for someone like Primo

That's why the rap game is the way it is 'cause people pay more attention to the beats than the lyrics, maybe Rakim should sign to G-Unit since they got all the beats...

I think you can not focus on one thing. To make real good Hip Hop, you need good beats and good raps (including lyrics, flow & so on).. It dont work (most of the time) if one thing is missing. If you are just out for good lyrics, spoken word would be the better choice

Edited by Turntable

Lol, Gunit would be the dream of a lot of rappers because the production of these guys is amazing.. But they can also call 9th wonder, jazzy jeff, just blaze, theres a lot of good producers out there that wont charge them as much as the others but would still bring quality to them tracks

That's why the rap game is the way it is 'cause people pay more attention to the beats than the lyrics, maybe Rakim should sign to G-Unit since they got all the beats...

nah man , how many hip hop classic songs there is without dope beat and at the first secs u heard the beat u are not "getting up" ...better do "def poetry jam " or something , hip hop was born with great beats ,so from this point ...

btw

i prefer that Ra didnt record some gangsta **** with Dre but still aint that good ,face it , how many years we are waiting for this album and then - okey we get the dope flow and lyrics but where is the rest ,it should be Premo ... just prove - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDCDrcZK4NE&feature=related but this is it and its disappointing

Ultimately Rakim should swallow his pride and do another album with Eric B. to make the perfect album but "Seventh Seal" still had some decent beats even though it was his lyrics and flow that carried the album I agree