JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

2009 BET Cypha

Da Brakes

This is hot but the 2006 Cypha was the best with Papoose, Lupe, Styles P, Saigon, Sway, Rhymefest, and Remy Ma:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFYsl_0p77k

Edited by bigted

That was dope! I think that was the best one as well. It just felt goot 2 see the 3 of them doing their thing, stripped down 2 it's essence over DJ Premier dropping the beat. All 3 of them have done different, artsy, and experimental stuff that has taken them away from where it all started and this took them all full circle. Now if all of them would just stay HERE.

That was dope! I think that was the best one as well. It just felt goot 2 see the 3 of them doing their thing, stripped down 2 it's essence over DJ Premier dropping the beat. All 3 of them have done different, artsy, and experimental stuff that has taken them away from where it all started and this took them all full circle. Now if all of them would just stay HERE.

That would be so good! i would love to hear an album from each of them with that amount of skill they brought to this Cypha!

I refuse to take notice of anyone who says Em cant spit after that. Wow, his flow was bananas!!!

Em REALLY needs to embrace this recent rediscovering! For a long time I thought we'd lost him but the recent freestyles I've heard of late has confirmed he's back! This is reminiscent of Slim Shady and Marshall Mathers LP spitting!

I hope he just doesnt go back to that whinny voice that I hated soo much since he brought it for ass like that.. The relapse was full of it too.. Im glad in the last songs Ive heard he has been flawless with his flow, delivery and of course, his voice..

I heard 1 or 2 of the songs on Refill and they were very much in the same forumla as the avearge stuff off of Relapse. I was kinda disappointed because I was hoping for something on the level of the stronger songs off Relapse, "Warning" or this freestyle here. That wasn't the case on the 2 songs I've heard.

I forget who on this board thought Mos Def's new album wasn't good but I thought it was good. I'm actually buying it (finally) over the weekend but I've already heard it and I thought it was dope. The Roots are another story tho.' They are so talented but the quality of music has quickly dropped since the 90's. They need 2 find their roots (if u will) and start making music that their original fans actually can stand listening 2.

It was me that did'nt like the Mos Def Album. I did not think it was bad, but it just annoyed me caus he almos never "finished" as song, thats what it sounds like.

ha for the defo in not bad hah one of ma' fave last year/two basicly cuz is Mos

nice freestyle , i have watched like 3 week ago ...