JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Quick review on before I self destruct

VIsqo

Yeah 50 has shown that he could spit some nice stuff, some songs he's done on recent mixtapes shows that he still has something in him, he'll never get to that Rakim level no matter how hard he tries though

50's first week sales were a flop. He entered the charts at #4 with approx. 157,000 units sold. This is critical since Rick Ross' Deeper Than Rap sold 160,000 units its first week.... and it debuted at #1.

50 Pennies went on radio & cried that his album was bootlegged excessively which led to the disappointing sales. Really, 50? REALLY?!?!?!!. Internet downloading has been going on for almost a decade & it didn't stop his other releases from doing better numbers. All I'll say is that karma comes back hard and it's coming back hard on 50.

If Will dropped an album tomorrow and it sold 157,000 in the first week we'd be celebrating, those are solid numbers for these days, going gold these days is like going diamond 10 years ago

I hate it how people talk so much about how wack 50 Cent, Lil' Wayne, and Soulja Boy are but yet when Rakim, Masta Ace, and Wyclef release albums they ignore it on the most part, btw I was browsing on Amazon.com today and I came across a list of great albums of this year, most of them I noticed didn't really top the charts but it's some great music, real hip hop's still alive:

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Hip-Hop-Of-2009/lm/R396YE889X3R0Q/ref=cm_lmt_DYNA_f_1_russss1?pf_rd_p=496997511&pf_rd_s=listmania-center&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B002LF5M46&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0CH7J784W7NNZ1ZGA9PA

Edited by bigted