JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

JJFP Performing 'Parents' & 'BNF' On Arsenio Hall Show (1989)

Ale

Awesome find!!

The Arsenio Hall Show will always be my favorite late night show ever. He was a trailblazer. He did things that nobody else did and has done since. His stand-up and his interviews were just different. His guests were much more diverse than what the other guys have had. Not 2 mention he always stood up strong for Hip-Hop music and culture. While other guys might have a surprise guest or crazy even happen once every 6 months, Arsenio had that weekly...at least (anyone remember the time him and Diana Ross got it on during an interview, the time Michael Jackson came out, the time he stood up strong against the gay-pride speaker who inturupted his show, the time he attacked Vanilla Ice?) Arsenio would have musical guests do 2 songs and have a full interview where alot fo the other guys just let them perform 1 song at the end of the show. Not 2 mention his style (threads and hair) PLUS the dogg pound "woof! woof!"...ha ha.

Arsenio had FP on a handful of times. I watched his show probably 4 out of 5 nights a week and I hardly ever caught his show when FP was on. It's a shame because I often taped Arsenio and i have a huge box of VHS' in my basement that I hope 2 convert to DVD one day (hopefully before they fall apart.) They are loaded with performances and interviews from people like Queen Latifah, Ice-T, Snoop Doggy Dogg, Eazy-E, etc). When Arsenio desided 2 end his show, I was in 9th grade and totally devistated. I have a video on my Myspace that features highlights from his show on the last episode. Classic stuff. I saw him on Leno's show the other week. I really miss what Arsenio brought 2 late night.

• 3 months later...

The Arsenio Hall Show will always be my favorite late night show ever. He was a trailblazer. He did things that nobody else did and has done since. His stand-up and his interviews were just different. His guests were much more diverse than what the other guys have had. Not 2 mention he always stood up strong for Hip-Hop music and culture. While other guys might have a surprise guest or crazy even happen once every 6 months, Arsenio had that weekly...at least (anyone remember the time him and Diana Ross got it on during an interview, the time Michael Jackson came out, the time he stood up strong against the gay-pride speaker who inturupted his show, the time he attacked Vanilla Ice?) Arsenio would have musical guests do 2 songs and have a full interview where alot fo the other guys just let them perform 1 song at the end of the show. Not 2 mention his style (threads and hair) PLUS the dogg pound "woof! woof!"...ha ha.

:pound: wow, he seems like such an open minded guy

the performance is great though