JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Jazzy Jeff Speaks On Reunion With Fresh Prince

Ale

Yeah why are JJFP too old to make music and touring when we have the Rolling Stones still touring and making music right now? As long as they're both living there's still a chance.... Honestly with the deaths in recent years to the great artists like James Brown and Michael Jackson I hope it becomes a wakeup call for Will that he better make some music while he still has the chance...

Edited by bigted

None of them are the biggest movie star in the world! PE and Kurtis Blow are irrelevant in rap nowadays (or since a long time) .... currently Jay-Z the biggest rap (42 years) and is also struggling. Rock is not Hip Hop. Rap is a young man's game...we have to face the truth.

None of them are the biggest movie star in the world! PE and Kurtis Blow are irrelevant in rap nowadays (or since a long time) .... currently Jay-Z the biggest rap (42 years) and is also struggling. Rock is not Hip Hop. Rap is a young man's game...we have to face the truth.

i am not sure i understand u but i am talking about a tour ,hip hop ,live performs .. whats the deal here with the lame rap game nowadays, i can only clean my shoes with that ?! who give a ish about that and where is the connection with that and Will and Jeff making a tour ?! you totally lost me...

There is no way they are too old, Jeff's still dropping killer production, arguably in his prime, FP's last drop was probably his best lyrically. Age doesnt come into it when the talent is still there. Who cares if the teeny bopping ringtone generation dont understand it? Are we accepting that as what hip hop has become now? We need to stop complaining about the state of hip hop and start supporting and encouraging better music. We also need to stop looking for ways to convince ourselves that a JJFP reunion wont happen, and hold conservative hope that it might.

• Admin

There is no way they are too old, Jeff's still dropping killer production, arguably in his prime, FP's last drop was probably his best lyrically. Age doesnt come into it when the talent is still there. Who cares if the teeny bopping ringtone generation dont understand it? Are we accepting that as what hip hop has become now? We need to stop complaining about the state of hip hop and start supporting and encouraging better music. We also need to stop looking for ways to convince ourselves that a JJFP reunion wont happen, and hold conservative hope that it might.

Well said! :clap:

Q-Tip dropped a truly dope album in the last year. Jay Z dropped a massive album. Both 39 years old.

Hip-Hop is what we make it, only now are true stars ageing enough for us to make the choice as whether or not they are relevant anymore. If LL, Rev Run, Dr Dre, Snoop etc all dropped music they'd really take time over it would no doubt be a hit, and they are all dudes in their late 30s and 40s. They are still relevant.

• 5 months later...

Both are too old? Who says that there's an age restriction for rappers. Look at Ice Cube, he becomes 41 years old this june, and he still one of the greatest rappers out there! Have you seen Ice Cube receiving the I Am Hip Hop award last October? He said to all the rappers of his age, that they're never too old for rap, as long as they got a tongue in their mouth. I think he's completely right about that. Plus hip hop is still a young kind of music, the first generation of rappers have been in their 20s, when they started in the 1980s(including JJFP). Now they're getting older, but that doesn't mean that their flow is gone. And if a young rapper out there thinks that they are too old to rap, what does this say about him?
I'm definately into a JJFP Comeback, and I still hope we'll get one. It doesn't have to be a huge world tour, but at least a new album would be fine for me.

"Rap is a young man's game" is a totally ignorant statement. I would expect that kind of thinking from your typical top 40 radio listener...but not a true fan of Hip-Hop. The difference between the old school and the new school is that people like Public Enemy, Arrested Development, Kurtis Blow, etc are STILL touring and making thousands/millions of dollars each year STILL (as I've read from interviews) and people like Young Joc, Young Dro, Lil' Scrappy, J-Kwon, Khia...people who were popular just 3-5 years ago probably can't say the same thing RIGHT NOW. If they can, they certainly won't be able to in 5 years...just thinking 10 and 20 years later like most of the legends still doing their thing but on a different level these days. It's about quality music when it comes to longevity and proper marketing (usually) when it comes to success.

Yeah it's all about quality of music, if you could make great music then you could remain relevant no matter how old you are, the reality is too that the veterans are the ones that're keeping hip hop alive the most 'cause they're still out there doing it better than a lot of these young rappers out now so there's no doubt that JJFP could bring it with another album