JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

MICHAEL JACKSON: THIS IS IT

JumpinJack AJ

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Theres a rumour going around that Michael only agreed to do 10 shows, he went to bed one night selling 10 shows and woke up the next day and sold 50, its complete BS if u ask me, for starters the timing doesnt add up bcoz the extra shows were added over a period of about 24-36 hours, MJ must have been in bed for a long time. And also u couldnt pull off organising an extra 40 shows within a few hours, Michael knew about those extra dates.

Im sure he wanted to do it for a few reasons and seeing how happy he looked in "this is it" makes me certain he wasnt forced to do it.

Saw the movie yesterday. It was A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!! Enjoyed every second of it. My favorite performances were 'Smooth Criminal' and 'Billie Jean'. He was 50, but he still looked so skillfull and talented! :clap:

What could have been..

PS: We love you too, Michael. God bless you.

Edited by Ale

Theres a rumour going around that Michael only agreed to do 10 shows, he went to bed one night selling 10 shows and woke up the next day and sold 50, its complete BS if u ask me, for starters the timing doesnt add up bcoz the extra shows were added over a period of about 24-36 hours, MJ must have been in bed for a long time. And also u couldnt pull off organising an extra 40 shows within a few hours, Michael knew about those extra dates.

Im sure he wanted to do it for a few reasons and seeing how happy he looked in "this is it" makes me certain he wasnt forced to do it.

considering what killed him, that is possible. but i guess ya'll are right.

'Michael Jackson's This Is It' Banks $100 Million Around The Globe

Documentary has impressive debut in Europe, Japan, China.

As expected, "Michael Jackson's This Is It" was the box-office champion over the Halloween weekend, taking in an estimated $21.3 million in the United States. The bigger news was that the documentary chronicling the King of Pop's final rehearsals for his planned 50-show comeback residency in London banked more than $101 million worldwide.

he totals easily made "This Is It" the #1 movie in America, beating out the still-strong thriller "Paranormal Activity," which was second with $16.5 million. Fans who didn't wait in line or rush out to see "This Is It" during its first few days in theaters also got a reprieve, as Sony Pictures — the studio that paid $60 million for the rights to release the film — announced that the planned two-week-only engagement will now be extended through Thanksgiving.

According to The Associated Press, "This Is It" had a strong debut all across the globe, taking in $10.4 million in Japan, $6.3 million in Germany, $7.6 million in Great Britain, $5.8 million in France and $3.2 million in China.

But despite the impressive open, "This Is It" still fell short of the $31.1 million domestic opening weekend of last year's "Hannah Montana & Miley Cyrus: Best of Both Worlds Concert"; the film's total since its open on Tuesday was $32.5 million. Even with a slower opening weekend than the Cyrus movie — likely due to the plethora of other activities available on Halloween weekend — experts still predicted that "This Is It" has a very good shot at surpassing the $65.3 million take of the Cyrus movie, which currently holds the all-time record for music documentaries.

http://www.mtv.com/movies/news/articles/1625274/story.jhtml

I read an article on it that had alot of the same info but was more negative, saying how it didn't hit the expectations but that it was the number 1 concert movie ever. This article makes it sound like the Miley Cyrus movie beat it...? I tought it was a regular movie, not a concert? I'm not surprised that they are extending it. I was going to see it one more time before it left theaters. When I 1st say it I got a VIP style lanyard for the movie. I'm hoping they aren't going to treat it as a real movie and rush the DVD out right after it leaves theaters.

Yeah, what I mean to say was that I hope they don't treat it like a regular movie (where they wait months to release it) and rush it out so the fans gettin get it in time for the holiddays or something.

I loved it! My wife thought it got kinda boring as she isn't the biggest of Michael Jackson fans but I thought it was fantastic. I loved seeing him interact with the musicians and creative director! If he wanted something done a certain way then he wasn't afraid to let them know! I agree with Julie, I love the way he sang Human Nature! I'm not sure my wife completely got that he was only blocking his performance so he wasn't singing all the words or putting in100% effort into all the dance routines.

Looking forward to owning the DVD and hoping that we will have some extra bonus footage on there.

Michael Jackson's This Is It Won't Hit DVD Until Next Year

The "window wars" continue to heat up between the studios and theater owners. The Los Angeles Times is reporting that Sony's attempt to release Michael Jackson's This Is It for a holiday DVD release was thwarted by the National Association of Theater Owners (NATO).

NATO argued that the DVD/BD release would be too close to the film's premiere, despite the fact that the film was only being released in theaters for a two-week limited engagement, although it has been rumored that the run might be lengthened or that the film will be re-released in theaters at a later date. It was said that Sony "desperately wanted" to release Michael Jackson's This Is It, but backed off once NATO took issue with the move.

This isn't the first time that NATO and the studios have been at odds over a DVD release window strategy. We reported a few weeks ago that NATO was angered by Paramount's decision to release G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra on DVD on November 3, only 88 days after its theatrical premiere. The average window between a film's theatrical debut and DVD release is 129 days.

While a specific release date wasn't announced, it was believed that Michael Jackson's This Is It would hit DVD and BD shelves sometime next year.

http://www.movieweb.com/news/NEkGPlktyCGIon

-----

Shame! :hissyfit:

I loved it! My wife thought it got kinda boring as she isn't the biggest of Michael Jackson fans but I thought it was fantastic. I loved seeing him interact with the musicians and creative director! If he wanted something done a certain way then he wasn't afraid to let them know! I agree with Julie, I love the way he sang Human Nature! I'm not sure my wife completely got that he was only blocking his performance so he wasn't singing all the words or putting in100% effort into all the dance routines.

Looking forward to owning the DVD and hoping that we will have some extra bonus footage on there.

Yeah i think a lot of people dont realise, that was him holding back, if only we got to see him go for it properly.

Ive heard there is an extra 2 hours bonus footage for DVD.

Yeah i think a lot of people dont realise, that was him holding back, if only we got to see him go for it properly.

Ive heard there is an extra 2 hours bonus footage for DVD.

Yeah, I heard this, too!

on a bit of a side note Will Smith was at the premire for This Is It

Hopefully after seeing Michael perform and be creative musically it will inspire Will to get back into making music again, or atleast go on tour

So true!

Let's hope so...