JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Jay Z passes Elvis for most # 1 albums!

VIsqo

Jay-Z Passes Elvis for Most No.1 Albums

Friday September 18, 2009

"I just got 10 Number 1 albums, maybe now 11."

Those were the prophetic words on "Thank You," off Jay-Z's latest opus, Blueprint 3. Jay's Blueprint 3 displaced Whitney Houston's I Look To You from the No.1 spot, after posting 476,000 units in its debut week. Whitney’s album debuted at No. 1 last week with 300,000 copies, but dropped to No.2 in its second week.

More significantly, Jay-Z has now replaced Elvis Presley as the solo artist with the most No.1 albums in history. Lil Wayne has his work cut out for him if he intends to carry that torch, because I don't think Jay plans to stop anytime soon.

source: rap.about.com

Jay-Z is the undisputed king right now of Rap and has been. Whether you love him or hate him, he is THAT good. The plaques, the numbers, the charts..etc...hes my 3rd favorite rapper (behind JJFP and LL) ..hes been so consistent since 96 and I'm glad he just doesn't stop. Much better than seeing and hearing crap like 50 and souljah boy

I wouldn't rank Jay-Z high as other people do but I gotta give the dude props 'cause he's been putting in work for quite awhile, I like this interview he did with Oprah:

http://www.oprah.com/article/omagazine/200910-omag-oprah-interviews-jay-z