JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

MTV'S Video Music Awards 2009

JumpinJack AJ

Who saw it? What did u think?

I thought Madonna's opening speech was very touching. I thought the MJ tribute was dope. The army of dancers in iconic MJ costumes dancing 2 his hits as they played the accompanying videos on the screen was great. Janet coming out for "Scream" was crazy. Her pre-recorded vocals were pretty rough and the lipsyncing 2 cater 2 the dancing was a bit disappointing but great none the less. Katy Perry's "We Will Rock" was great. Russell Bran is a dirty, unfunny douche. I will pay for his termination. Taylor Swift winning the 1st award was nice. I hate country music, but i like a few of her singles. It was amazing 2 see a country-pop artist crossover like that on the VMA's. Kanye West stealing the mic was awful. I hate him. I'm done with him being an idiot. A young girl crossing over to win and award like that was her living out a dream. His ignorant butt should have been stopped. He ruined her moment by grabbing the mic and saying Beyonce had the greatest video of the year (uh...it was okay...her album is trash...and i LOVE Beyonce). I can't believe he would do that. U could see she was just hurt. She couldn't even complete her speech so MTV just started rolling the graphics 2 move the show on. Kanye's a loser. I'm done with him. He can stand behind the bullet that takes down Russell Bran and hopefully it hits him 2. Taylor Swifts peformance right after being inturrupted was nice. I thought Beyonce's performance was played out but good (we've seen her do it 100 times). Eminem's skit with Tracey Morgan was funny. Eminem winning and award was kind of refreshing. He looked good and healthy. Lady Gaga's peformance was weird but okay. Her outfits were just stupid. The blood bit was ridiculous. Pink's performance was great considering she was singing live and spent the whole performance flipping around in the air. The outfit was kinda stupid tho.' She definitely is the strongest female in music. I'm not a huge Jay--Z fan. His performance was very basic but good. Alicia Keys perfroming with him was great. Beyonce winning her award deserved for the video alone. I love that she allowed Taylor Swift to come out and finish was she started in the beginning of the show (Kanye really is and idiot...u have 2 make better music 2 even thinking about acting like that...and he's not). Lady Gaga won best new artist. Whatever. Another idiotic outfit. Why does she do that? The trailor for MJ's "This Is It" at the end of the show was great. I'm even more hyped 2 see it now.

That's all the stuff i remember standing out in my head. What do u guys think?

Edited by JumpinJack AJ

Kanye's an attention whore, Janet was great, Jay and Alicia killed it, and the "This is It" preview was good, sad, but good.

oh yeah, somebody should tell Lady Gaga she tries way too hard, and MTV should never invite dude to host anything. ever. again. that is all.

Kanye is really a nice rolemodel... quite unbelievable that someone who did Jesus Walks does something awful and mean like that. nothing but a hypocrit. and that's the reason i can't stand 90% of those "i believe in god and my religion", "he gives me the will and I'll be thankful in every way i can" celebrities...

That Kanye thing was just awful. After that bad album and his wack new songs he should limit himslelf to be a lil bit more likeable and not do this he did.. I hate Lady Gaga looking soo weird all the time.. Pink and Jay were all good. The new album has grown to be a lot since I got it. I think with several listens most people would agree that the album can seriously grow on you. Beyonce was gorgeous. Im soo in luv with her.. I agree with AJ about the host.. GOD... and good for Eminem.. Maybe after this he decides to bring a good album out..

Yeah, Lady Gaga tries way 2 hard. I'm all for being an individual...but when u can tell that someone isn't real at all and going out of their way 2 look stupid and ugly, it's just phoney. My favorite expression in the show was Eminem's. When he presented the award for best new artist and Lady Gaga won it. She comes up looking like a total fool and screams "This is for God and this is for the gays." Eminem did everything to keep his expression under control. We were witnessing him coming up with 3 cleverly witty lyrics about her right there...ha ha. And that fact that Jennifer Lopez introduced Eminem and Tracey Morgan was amusing. At 1st i thought Jennifer Lopez was annoyed at Eminem's lyrics about her in the past because she looked happy 2 be there until it came 2 introducing him (and shouldn't that be the other way around?). Shortly after you could see her clapping and smiling for him tho.'

Kanye issued and apology today (of course). I really am done with him tho.' His beats have gotten alot weaker over the years. He was never a great emcee and he's been getting worse ever since. And lastly he's just an annoying person. He isn't bold when he speaks his mind. He says these uneducated opinions and conveys them like a 8 year old.

i actually found this quite entertaining, the tribute was good, altho i agree with Aj when he said her vocals wernt great, her dancing with Mike on the screen was brilliant tho. I thought Russel brand was funny, but i can totally see why people would say he went to far. Kanye was horrible, i used to like him but the more he does stuff like this the more i go off him, i dont like Taylor swift, i barely know who she is but that poor girl looked mortified.

I was well impressed by Pinks performance too, im not into pink but that looked great. Alicia Keys was fantastic too.

Yeah, Lady Gaga tries way 2 hard. I'm all for being an individual...but when u can tell that someone isn't real at all and going out of their way 2 look stupid and ugly, it's just phoney. My favorite expression in the show was Eminem's. When he presented the award for best new artist and Lady Gaga won it. She comes up looking like a total fool and screams "This is for God and this is for the gays." Eminem did everything to keep his expression under control. We were witnessing him coming up with 3 cleverly witty lyrics about her right there...ha ha. And that fact that Jennifer Lopez introduced Eminem and Tracey Morgan was amusing. At 1st i thought Jennifer Lopez was annoyed at Eminem's lyrics about her in the past because she looked happy 2 be there until it came 2 introducing him (and shouldn't that be the other way around?). Shortly after you could see her clapping and smiling for him tho.'

Kanye issued and apology today (of course). I really am done with him tho.' His beats have gotten alot weaker over the years. He was never a great emcee and he's been getting worse ever since. And lastly he's just an annoying person. He isn't bold when he speaks his mind. He says these uneducated opinions and conveys them like a 8 year old.

kanye did a great job on blueprint 3

I've heard 5 tracks off of Blueprint 3. I only really liked one of those tracks. I thought the rest were average. I have no idea which ones Kanye produced. His beats aren't what they used to be. When it comes to Russell Brand, from what i've seen he ONLY tries 2 tell jokes that offend someone. It has nothing 2 do with if the joke is funny, it has 2 do with "who can i offend"..."how can i get more attention?" I don't think the audience liked him either. There wasn't one joke that got any real laughter. It was very akward to see him drown like that over and over again with his "jokes."

Kanye was acceptable on the BP3, if it wasnt for some clever lines here and there and a couple of dope songs like Venus vs Mars and so ambitious.. the one with Alicia still doesnt grow on me..