JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Can the Shaq rap?

rawad_m

6 members have voted

1. 1. can he rap?

• yes
    • hell naw!

I'm actually a big fan of Shaq's albums. Don't get that twisted with me thinking he's one of the best ever, but i've always liked his music. He never tried 2 be something he's not and that's the 1st thing i ask of any artist. I have a promo single from his 2001 album. If it would have dropped i think it would have been really good. His albums always reflected where Hip-Hop was at the time, Shaq-style. "Outstanding," "Pass, Shoot, Slam," Biological Didn't Bother," "No Hook," "U Can't Stop The Reign," "Superman," the colabo track he did on the Steel soundtrack feat. KRS-One, Ice Cube, B-Real, and Peter Gunz, and the lead single off his 1998 album were all good singles. Let's not forget he even did did "2 Bad" with Michael Jackson on his HIStory album...ha ha.

Shaq is the man period, it's obvious that he ain't going to the hall of fame for rapping but he got some talent on the mic, I really think that song "Biological Father" is brilliant, and he collabed with some of the greatest artists of all time

Shaq wrote his own rhymes but he had said many times in interviews "Nobody wants to hear an entire album of me rapping" which is why he had guests artists. Off the top of my head, i can remember him working with Erick Sermon, Redman, Method Man, Def Jef, Fu-Schnickins,' Ill Al Scratch, Warren G, The Notorious B.I.G., Rakim, Jay-Z, Lord Tariq + Peter Gunz, KRS-One, Ice Cube, Rza, B-Real, The Roots, Bobby Brown, Ralph Tresvant, S.H.E., 1 Accord, and the list goes on.