JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Whats your fave movie saga?

VIsqo

Hey, over the last 2 weeks Ive been enjoying some of the best movie sagas ever, including spiderman, star wars, star trek, Rocky and Rambo, ect. Ive got to say that my favorite movie saga for life is Rocky. I still get hyped up everytime I sit and watch them movies.. How about you? What is your favorite movie saga?

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm.....I'm only gonna list movies sagas that have 3 or more. When it comes to super hero movies I'd go with the Superman movies, Batman movies, and Spider-Man movies. I really like the Bourne movies. I haven't watched all of the Rocky movies as an adult but they'll probably be in there when I do. There's definitely a few I'm forgetting. I'm not really into Star Trek tho' i really liked the new one. I haven't watched any of the others as an adult.

The bourne movies are going to be a classic someday. When I was a Kid I thought superman was the best superhero saga, it was until Spiderman came in.. and even though the 3rd one was kinda Wack Im still hopeful that with a new movie it can all get better like what they did with Batman. I still have that hope after that wack superman returns movie..lol

Oh, Pirates of the Caribbean is a great saga too!

I thought Superman Returns was brilliant. Alot of peope who grew up on it think that same. If u wanna see a dodgy Superman movie, check the 4th one...ha ha. Better yet, the Supergirl movie.

I forgot 2 mention the House Party movies. They are classic.

I'm a big fan of the Superman movies. I loved Christopher Reeve, he's the best actor that has played a superhero IMO. His Clark Kent is legendary.

I didn't like 'Superman Returns' much except for a couple of scenes (the initial credits were awesome too, like in the old movies!!). I still don't know why the scriptwriters wanted to give him a son though (I mean, was it necessary?!) But I think the 4th 'Superman' movie was the worst 1 too. It was just very poor. I also believe that the third movie has always been a bit underrated. Sure it wasn't as good as the first 2 movies, but it has an epic moment in the History of Superheroes: the bad Superman fighting against the good Clark Kent. That was simply brilliant.

I think the Spiderman scriptwriters took that idea for their third movie. The difference is, 'Spiderman 3' was a stupid movie for me. Great special effects, but a bad script with too many villains (Sandman was the best character in the movie) and Venom not appearing until the end of the film. There were just too many stories, so the result was that the main story was messed up. Plus, the scenes with Peter Parker showing his dance moves after his transformation into the bad side were VERY embarrasing. Is that the bad side of Spidey? Please...it's ridiculous.

Edited by Ale

I forgot 2 mention the House Party movies. They are classic.

Except for House Party 4. IMx should have left that alone! :laugh:

Lol, I couldnt agree more on that! lol

Back To The Future

I dont know how I forgot to mention this, I grew up loving these movies, I even went into the car twice in universal studios Orlando, lol.

Ale, U are right. In Spiderman 3 the dancing, the crying and all the parallele stories killed the movie. The effects were great, but I think they shouldve explore more the Venom and black spidey thing a lil more...

I really love the 3 firsts American Pie !

Not the same kind of movies that you said, but very funny !

Hey ofcourse. We have got to include them 3 as well. After that they just killed that saga with the new ones.. Them other movies are soo predictable and the humor is so dumb it disgusts me.. by the way, the 3 first scary movies were pretty funny too.

Oh but talking about long sagas, how can we forget the James Bond movies. I loved the Pierce Brosnan saga...

Edited by VIsqo