JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Footy star rescues 22 from armed student

rawad_m

AN up-and-coming Mississippi gridiron player has become a hero after rescuing 22 people from an armed high school student.

The 18-year-old was on a school bus heading to Yazoo County High School with 22 other students - including his two younger sisters -when a 14-year-old girl boarded the bus armed with a gun and threatening to shoot, Policelink.com reports.

Eulls was asleep when the girl got on the bus, and didn’t know what was happening until he was woken by his sister.

"My sister in front of me woke up and told me that the girl had a gun," Eulls said.

"She was pointing it back and forth at other people and the little kids that were sitting at the back. I just thought real quick and tried to grab her attention before she pointed the gun at anybody else. I wanted her to point it at me so she wouldn't point it at anybody else.

"I just tried to talk to her and calm her down."

Eulls managed to open the emergency door on the bus and get as many people out the back of while trying to reason with the girl.

“She was just getting louder and louder. I guess for a quick second she looked out the window and when she did that I just sprung at her. I just knocked her down and got the gun away from her. When I got the gun I ran out the back door and disarmed it.”

Eulls, who has links to college football team Mississippi State, said he had no fear for his safety, only the safety of the others on the bus.

"I was just scared for the younger kids and my family that was on the bus," Eulls said.

"I was just thinking things out step-by-step as quickly as I could. After we got to the school and watched the tape I just sat there thinking 'what in the world did I just do?' I just thought about what if this would have happened or if this would have happened? It was just crazy."

The Clarion Ledger reports Yazoo County Sheriff Tommy Vaughn praised Eulls, saying “If it hadn't been for this star football player, things could have been different. He didn't go overboard, but he did exactly what it took to get her on the ground.

“Watching him do that and him doing such a heroic act and not even caring about his own safety, that's something you don't see every day."

Link

Edited by rawad_m