THE MAGNIFICENT DJ JAZZY JEFF

with DJ MIKE NYCE

hosted by SKILLZ + YAMEEN ALLWORLD

$10 before midnight $15 after

10-2 / 21+

$3 drinks + $2 beer specials until 12

@ fluid 613 s. 4th st philly

-------

This will be a really good show! If anyone can make it..do it!

• 2 weeks later...

First off, before I even begin to describe my night, I just want to say THANK YOU TO TIM! One of the best decisions I ever made was back in '02 when I joined this site. Such a great online community established by Tim in which the fans are great.

My night started off good. I left my house for philly around 7ish and got there around 830ish. I had some trouble finding parking but was able to find a spot a few blocks down. My girlfriend and I begin walking down 4th street and its already a little bit of a long walk especially since we just cant seem to find this place. Its 613 4th street but it went from like 617 or so to 611 and I was dumbfounded cause I just didn't see it. I asked some guys in front of this little resturant where it was and it turned out to be on the side of the building (down this alley sort of called Kater Str) After I find out, I turn around and meet up with this guy Will aka the Mix Professor. He was just chillin on the telephone pole and I was like .."Mix professor and he goes Jim?" and we greet each other and start talking! The nicest guy ever! It was about 915 and the show was suppose to start at 10 but there was a party or somethin just ending. Around 10, I see Darnell come out and greets Mix. Mix then introduces me to Darnell and Darnell was mad nice and said I'll make sure you meet Jeff after the show..I was so excited!!

DJ Mike Nyce started things off with about an hour or so set but since we were one of the first ones in, we heard the first song and Mike Nyce dropped "My Souls Not 4 Sale" ..WOW! To hear this track bumping from an excellent sound system is incredible. It was funny because I had just to Mix that my fav joint of TROTM was "My Souls Not 4 Sale". My gf and I grab some drinks and the place was filling up. Such a small place too. I see Jeff walk down the stairs and to the booth amd then took over. Jeff killed it! So many good tracks and it wasnt alot of mainstream party tracks..it was alot of REAL HIP-HOP..not the crap from the top 20. He did his routine of dropping Rock the Bells which was ILL! I was hoping he'd do that. The whole show was dope!

The show is winding down around 230ish and is over by 245. I find Mix and we wait outside infront of the resturant. I'm starting to get real hyped up more and more. My gf was so tired and she was sitting down on a stoop kind of sleeping LOL she was tired and her feet really hurt her bad, meanwhile, theres a white tinted Audi parked right along the curb and I saw Skillz just chillin outside of it and then in the front seat. I should've said something to him but I didn't since I didnt know how to approach him. After 10 more min, Darnell and Jeff come out and Darnell goes .."see I told you'd meet him!" and he introduces Jeff to me. I wasn't even starstruck, I was just talking to him like a normal guy. I introduced myself and told him I'm a big fan of Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince and he put on an excellent show. I then asked him if theres a chance Will will ever rap again and if there gonna do another album and I mentioned how Will hasnt rapped since Lost & Found and he said "possibly..it all comes down to scheduling. were suppose to talk in a couple weeks and we'll see what happens" I also asked him the next time he's gonna be in Atlantic City NJ and he told me was just there but should be back soon. I also asked him about the MJ mixtape and he told me its gonna be finalized this week, there putting the finishing touches on it which led me to ask if the track him and Will did with MJ will be on it and hes like what do you mean? I mentioned how I heard supposedily they did a track together for Willenium and said nahh hes like I wish we did something together, thatd be amazing. I thanked Jeff for meeting him and Darnell and we got going. I couldn't believe it!! So we started walking back down Mix, myself and my gf and Darnell pulls up and says "hey where y'all walkin to? I told him the street and hes like get in I'll give you a lift. Darnell gave us a lift to the block and I thanked him and he noticed my necklace i was wearing since its a new jersey devils logo and hes llike whats with the chain..go flyers!! flyers for the cup! hahaha and that was that. All in all a great night. It's so rewarding to be able to meet Mix Professor first off all and then Darnell and Jeff. They take care of the fans! Jeff is so humble, so down to earth which made it more comfortable for me to talk to him. Thank you Tim! I can't thank you enough!!!!

7331_1136557657517_1334610011_30426162_4

7331_1136557857522_1334610011_30426167_6

7331_1136558417536_1334610011_30426181_7

7331_1136558497538_1334610011_30426183_4

7331_1136558657542_1334610011_30426187_5

• Members

WELL I HAVE TO SAY IT WAS A PLEASURE TO MEET JIM AND HIS GIRLFRIEND THAT EVENING. THEY ARE SUCH A CUTE COUPLE AND IT WAS AN HONOR TO HANG AROUND THEM. SEPT 12TH WILL BE ETECHED IN STONE AS ONE OF MY FAVORITE NIGHTS. ESPECIALLY BEING SANDWICHED BETWEEN 2 TRAGIC DAYS(SEPT 11-9/11 AND SEPT 13-TUPAC PASSING AWAY)BIG UP TO JIM,HIS GIRLFRIEND,STACEY,DARNELL,MIKE NYCE,JEFF AND YAMEEN ALL WORLD.

IT WAS GOOD TO SEE CORY(JEFF'S SON)IN THE CLUB WITH HIS GIRLFRIEND.IT WAS A FUN FILLED NITE AND FLUID IS TRULY ONE OF MY FAVORITE CLUBS TO GO TO.THE ONLY THING I HAVE TO LAUGH AT IS THE PIC JIM PUT ON THE PAGE WITH HIM AND I. I LIKED THE FIRST PIC WE TOOK TOGETHER. THE ONE THATS UP, I LOOK REAL"GAY"-LMAO. NO OFFENSE BUT CALLING HOW I LOOK IN THE PIC.LOL