JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

COOLIO PERFORMANCE NEWZ

JumpinJack AJ

From AOL's Popeater...

-------------------------------------------

Coolio Performs for $3000 and a Bucket of Chicken

Posted Sep 1st 2009 1:15PM by SharksComments [20]Print | Email More

Nineties rapper Coolio has been hired to play a small venue in Colorado for a "$3,000, a bucket of chicken and a bottle of Patron (he likes the Silver variety)" according to the show's booker. The concert will be held on Sept. 6, at "The Deli Zone" a restaurant in Longmont, whose local paper hails the performance as "the city's first celebrity performance in recent memory."

"Where's Longmont at?" Coolio is quoted as saying, in response to being asked by the Longmont Times-Call if he'd ever been to visit the city, which was recently named one of the top 50 places to live by Money Magazine. "My hope is that Coolio is going to give us ... some recognition," said the restaurant's owner, Jeremy King. "I'm hoping to get a cool reputation as a cool place to come see music."

The 'Fantastic Voyage' rapper has had a slippery ride of late, losing his "irreverent" reality parenting show, "Coolio's Rules" and getting publicly groped by an Italian model, amongst other bizarre incidents.

"I'm really excited about the possibility of Longmont becoming a hot spot for music," stated Jimmy Macias, the venue's excited young booker about the upcoming performance. Besides booking the Zone, the 24 year-old is a rapper in a group called 2 Real 4 da Mind (!), who will also open for Coolio.

In other The Zone news, the restaurant has booked Bizzy Bone, of Bone Thugs-N-Harmony to perform on Sept. 19.

• 2 weeks later...

Quiet as it's kept, $3000 is about the going rate for artists on the current level of Coolio (and myself), and a bucket of chicken sounds like a better spread than one or two other gigs that I have done with him... I'm sure that it was the bottle of Patron that sealed the deal. That is the hardest item to get on your rider. :laugh: