JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

TLC RETURNS 2 THE STAGE!

TLC Prepping First U.S. Concert in Seven Years

Posted Aug 25th 2009 12:45PM by Latifah Muhammad

Filed under: R'n'B News

The women of TLC are looking to get back into the swing of things by way of their first stateside concert in seven years. Although now a duo, following the 2002 death of member Left-Eye, T-Boz and Chilli are billed to play at the "Justin Timberlake and Friends" benefit concert on October 16.

Hosted by the Grammy-winning singer, the concert will take place at Las Vegas' Mandalay Bay Events Center and will also feature performances by Alicia Keys, Ciara and Taylor Swift. The annual event is accompanied by Timberlake's charity gold tournament, which will take place October 16-18. Tickets for the concert go on sale Saturday.

Following the death of Lisa "Left-Eye" Lopes, TLC maintained a low profile. In 2004 T-Boz, born Tionne Watkins and Chilli, born Rozonda Thomas, starred in the reality show 'R U The Girl?' where they searched for a new group member. After crowning 20-year-old Tiffany Baker as the show's winner, the threesome never recorded an album stating that they had no intentions of replacing Left-Eye.

Known for colossal hits like 'Creep,' 'Waterfalls,' and 'No Scrubs,' the trio became the first female group to have an album go diamond-with over 10 million units sold of their sophomore album 'CrazySexyCool.' Once the biggest selling girl group of all time, TLC's musical success has been riddled with financial-lows most notably when they filed for bankruptcy in 1995.

Both T-Boz and Chilli are said to be working on solo releases

------------------------------------

Am i crazy 2 be considering going out 2 Vegas 2 see this? I have a feeling they'll begin 2 do more shows so i should probably wait. I got a few days 2 figure this out...ha ha.

Other than "Game Proof" I wasn't really into Chilli's leaked stuff that much. It all sounded very Ciaraish. I've only heard one of the leaked songs from T-Boz's album and really liked it. I really wish there was an official release of that FanMail concert. It was so dope.