JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Some Alfonso Ribeiro Videos

Ale

Silver Spoons: Ricky Schroder & Alfonso Ribeiro Breakdance

Rick Schroder and Alfonso Riberio breakdancing at the end of the episode. Enjoy the 80s!

Andy Williams Christmas Special (1985)

Young Alfonso Ribeiro dancing!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kubaJAGoWeA

Joey Fatone and Alfonso Ribeiro Shop with Daughters at Tren-D

TV/music personality Joey Fatone and actor/dancer Alfonso Ribeiro take their daughters, Brihana and Sienna, to Tren-D, the new eclectic boutique at Downtown Disney Marketplace in Orlando, Florida. The Walt Disney World specialty store is a one-of-a-kind destination for fashion-conscious shoppers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gG9wf12Cyw4

GSN Live - Dec. 23, 2008 (Plus, Alfonso singing 'The First Noel')

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZUJMqBj7uM

Alfonso Ribeiro doing "The Carlton"

This was at Orlando's Howl at the Moon on July 31, 2008 for Joey Fatone's charity event. $2000 was raised in order for Alfonso to do "The Carlton" made famous on Fresh Prince of Bel-Air.

Alfonso Ribeiro - Don't Let The Sun Go Down On Me

Joey Fatone and Alfonso Ribeiro singing "Don't Let The Sun Go Down On Me" at the Fatone Foundation Fundraiser at Howl at the Moon.

Alfonso Ribeiro - Billie Jean

Alfonso Ribeiro singing and dancing to Billie Jean Karaoke in South Lake Tahoe on July 18, 2009. Alfonso was in town playing in the Celebrity Golf Tournament. Marcus Allen is on stage singing as well!

Alfonso Ribeiro dancing and singing with Marcus Allen and Arthur Hervey at Harrah's Tahoe

Part 1:

Part 2:

Lake Tahoe Celebrity Golf Tourney

Alfonso doing "The Carlton"

My Game: Alfonso Ribeiro

By Alfonso Ribeiro

alfonsogolf.jpg

Always powerful off the tee, Alfonso Ribeiro has improved his touch around the greens.

Editor's Note: In "My Game," a weekly series, GolfDigest.com asks noted personalities to expound on their experiences in golf, and what keeps bringing them back. This week, actor Alfonso Ribeiro (Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, Silver Spoons) discusses the joy he took from crushing the ball without regard to direction and how he discovered it was even more fun once he learned to control it.

I started playing about 20 years ago, because a couple of buddies of mine went out and played once in a while and I decided to go with them. The first time was in Los Angeles, at Griffith Park Golf Course. We went out on a weekday and smacked the ball around and waited to see what happened. I fell in love with the game immediately. I've played it ever since. I'm very passionate about the game.

It was very hard for me in the beginning. I played baseball as a kid and so I was able to hit the ball far. I had no idea where it was going, but I was crushing it from day one. It was one of those things that was fun for me: Look how far it was going! I played that way for probably five years, before I finally was able to start tightening the dispersion.

I took a lesson at the Harmon School of Golf in Las Vegas, Butch's place, from one of his kids. Will Smith had taken a bunch of us over there. From then on, it just got better and better. I went from a 14 handicap to a 7 in one year, then from a 7 to a 5, 5 to 3, 3 to 2, and I've been there ever since.

I work on the game all the time, and typically play two to three times a week at my club, Lakeside Golf Club in Toluca Lake, Calif. I have a coach there, Kevin Bailey, an assistant pro. He's my guy. If I get out of sync, he just gets me right back in sync.

It's easy to get out of sync, too. When you think about baseball, you've got an entire diamond in which to hit it. In golf, there's a target and you have to hit it to that target. You have to be very precise. That's what makes it a special game for me, the challenge. The ball's not moving. Go ahead and try to hit it to where you're trying to hit it, and good luck. It's a tough game.

The other side of it, of course, is the mental game -- a tough, tough game. I love that part. And whether it's golf or acting, it's basically the same: Being able to focus and deliver. Whether you're delivering a joke or a dramatic moment with tears, you're called upon to do it at that moment. That's what a golf game is. You have a shot you need to hit and you need to do it now. In between scenes or shots, you go off do what you do and then you've got to bring your focus back immediately.

My strength off the tee remains the strongest part of my game. Now I'm starting to become a better putter, allowing me to play to my handicap on a more consistent basis. I play with a lot of the great golfers at Lakeside. We compete, have our little Nassaus for a few dollars every day we go out. It makes it easier, standing over a three-foot putt, whether it's for $35 or $100, knowing you've got to make it and having a chance to make it.

http://www.golfdigest.com/magazine/2009/08/mygame_alfonso_ribeiro

Edited by Ale

• 1 month later...

More..

*Who Broke My Window?* LDS Commercial

1980s Mormon Mini-Opera starring Alfonso Ribeiro.

I Love the 90s (1990) - In Living Color

With Comments from: Godfrey, Michael Ian Black, Patrice O' Neal, Luis Guzman, Stuart Scott, Terrell Davis, Bob Guiney, Aaron Karo, Alfonso Ribeiro, Kevin Powell

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLvWULRol38

Black United Funds PSA

Alfonso Ribeiro

Catch 21 - Season 3

Promo

Edited by Ale

• 4 months later...

Interview with Alfonso Ribeiro

alfonsoy.jpg

Q; How long have you been golfing?

A: I got to do that math. For 20 years.

Q: So you started when you were 2?

A: Well thank you very much. I appreciate the love. Black don’t crack.

Q: Now I saw you did a reality show not too long ago, and you said if you won it, you would do the Carlton dance from “The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air.” Will you do the same if you win the amateur title here at the Hope?

A; You know what, I’ll say that. I’ll do the Carlton dance if I win it. I think the win is pretty safe in me not winning it. We’ll see.

Q; You never know, maybe people will see this and they’ll lay down just so you’ll dance.

A; That’s happened before, people just be laying down for me. That can be taken the wrong way.

Q: Very early in your career, you worked with Michael Jackson in the Pepsi commercials. Can you talk about that experience?

A; It was great. Michael was the greatest entertainer in the history of music and in show business. It was truly a pleasure to work with him as a 12-year-old kid. I idolized him and it was pretty special.

Q; I remember you had Michael’s moves down.

A: Yeah, I could do a little bit of something, something with Michael.

Q; Is it weird people remember you more for the Carlton dance than those other moves because you were an accomplished dancer?

A; With the Carlton dance and the Fresh Prince, we were fortunate enough to have a very popular show, and people certainly enjoyed doing that. Even though I started as a real dancer, doing the funny dances is what I’m remembered for. It’s all good. If people know you, it’s a good thing.

Q: Your co-star Will Smith was in a golf movie, “The Legend of Bagger Vance.” Have you golfed with him?

A: Absolutely. I got him into golfing. He loves the game and we play as much as we can. He’s a little busy though.

Q: Now maybe people will know you as a director. I saw you directed a Tyler Perry movie?

A: Not a movie. It was “Meet The Browns,” which is his TV show. I directed that for him. I actually directed a Fresh Prince and a bunch of other shows, which is what I’ve been doing for the last several years, which has been cool. I enjoy that.

Q; Mostly TV then?

A; Yeah, I’m working my way up to TV.

Q: Maybe someday you’ll be calling the shots on a Will Smith movie.

A: You never know. We got time.

Q: How is your golf game? It looks like you were hitting it pretty good.

A; It’s not bad. You never know what’s going to happen here out here. When you’re playing with all the people here, it’s a little different. I have to play to a 2 handicap, so we’ll see what happens. Hopefully I can help my team out with a few birdies.

http://www.mydesert.com/article/20100121/SPORTS05/301210005/1026/news12

Edited by Ale

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 2 years later...