JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

The Book of Eli

Da Brakes

Nice trailer. Looks promising. Is this movie based on the 'Fallout 3' game? Because it's identical...

I always rank Denzel as one of the best actors ever, if not the best. This looks great.

That's a bit exaggerated IMO. I like Denzel. I think he's an excellent actor, but I wouldn't consider him better than other great actors like Robert De Niro, Al Pacino, Jack Nicholson, Marlon Brando, Paul Newman or Tom Hanks, just to name a few. I don't consider him worse than them either. But while the actors I mentioned have given brilliant performances throughout their careers and have an incredible filmography full of unforgettable titles which are part of the history of cinema, I'd say Denzel's movies are, in general, mediocre.

Again, don't get me wrong. Denzel is an excellent actor, but I wouldn't say he's the best ever. In fact, I believe the best actor ever doesn't exist. There are many candidates for that, and each of them is as good as the rest.

Edited by Ale

Where as I agree the best actor doesn't exist as its all subjective I believe if there was one then Denzel would be prime candidate. He's a fantastic actor who over his career has shown a lot of skill in his craft. My only criticism is that he needs to diversify his roles. he's played one too many cops for my liking. But IMO on of the greatest actors out!

My only criticism is that he needs to diversify his roles. he's played one too many cops for my liking.

Exactly. His movies are monotone. They all look the same to me. When will we see Denzel in a comedy? I think people would like him more if he played different roles, different genres. I'm sure he could do a comedy if he wanted to, but he hasn't tried it yet.

Edited by Ale

Nice trailer. Looks promising. Is this movie based on the 'Fallout 3' game? Because it's identical...

I always rank Denzel as one of the best actors ever, if not the best. This looks great.

That's a bit exaggerated IMO. I like Denzel. I think he's an excellent actor, but I wouldn't consider him better than other great actors like Robert De Niro, Al Pacino, Jack Nicholson, Marlon Brando, Paul Newman or Tom Hanks, just to name a few. I don't consider him worse than them either. But while the actors I mentioned have given brilliant performances throughout their careers and have an incredible filmography full of unforgettable titles which are part of the history of cinema, I'd say Denzel's movies are, in general, mediocre.

Again, don't get me wrong. Denzel is an excellent actor, but I wouldn't say he's the best ever. In fact, I believe the best actor ever doesn't exist. There are many candidates for that, and each of them is as good as the rest.

First; yes i think this is the Fallout movie.

Second, same deabte different forum eh dude? :laugh:

It's really all opinion. I've never enjoyed many performances from the actors you've mentioned. But I'm not claiming they arent great actors. I just enjoy Denzel's performances more. Like you said, no-one can catagorically say who the best ever is. You can just say what you enjoy more. I dont necessarally think being in a bunch of blockbuster movies makes you a great actor tho, it just means a lot of people enjoy your performances. A lot of people enjoy listening to Lil Wayne and he's sold millions of records, but people always argue that sales dont mean anything. So why should a popular movie rank the actors any higher than an unpopular movie?

But I do agree, Denzel needs to diversify his roles. I think thats why some people alos dont rank him highly, they consider him a one trick pony.

Edited by Big Willie

Yeah, bringin' back the old good times :laugh:

I dont necessarally think being in a bunch of blockbuster movies makes you a great actor tho, it just means a lot of people enjoy your performances. A lot of people enjoy listening to Lil Wayne and he's sold millions of records, but people always argue that sales dont mean anything. So why should a popular movie rank the actors any higher than an unpopular movie?

The movies I was talking about aren't blockbusters, but oh well...

Edited by Ale

Yeah, bringin' back the old good times :laugh:

I dont necessarally think being in a bunch of blockbuster movies makes you a great actor tho, it just means a lot of people enjoy your performances. A lot of people enjoy listening to Lil Wayne and he's sold millions of records, but people always argue that sales dont mean anything. So why should a popular movie rank the actors any higher than an unpopular movie?

The movies I was talking about aren't blockbusters, but oh well...

By blockbuster I meant popular and/or with good repuations... i need to polish out my cinema lingo.