JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

JJFP.com GREATEST RAPPER OF ALL TIME

Da Brakes

This is it people! THE FINAL ROUND! Please please please please remember we are voting this solely on Skills, Lyrics and Flow! Not who you like the best, or who is your favourite rapper or even who was the last to put something out!

Solely based on those categories!

Voting is open for a week! Get voting

Will Smith vs Rakim

http://answers.polldaddy.com/poll/1817205/

Edited by Da Brakes

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The bad thing is that I really think that Will may deserve this more than Rakim since Ra hasnt been doing a lot for hip hop in about 10 years... so sad..

I don't know if I'm voting on this...ha ha. By thinking about it, i don't know what i'm thinking anymore. I mean, Rakim blew my mind back in the day. He doesn't anymore. He doesn't do much 2 do that for any of his fans. Yes, he is one of the best. Yes, he is one of my favorites. But L+F was a dope album lyric for lyric. The ratio of lyrics with punch on L+F compared to Rakim's latest is actually stronger. I will either not think about it and not vote or go crazy by thinking about it and making a painful decision knowing that my vote will make one of them lose in the end.

The bad thing is that I really think that Will may deserve this more than Rakim since Ra hasnt been doing a lot for hip hop in about 10 years... so sad..

Did you even read Brakes' post?... Skills, Lyrics, Flow!

Edited by Big Willie

Skills: Fresh Prince, hit single before he graduated highschool.

Lyrics: Rakim is a better lyricist IMO.

Flow: Too difficult but I'll give it to Ra. His flow was unparallel back when.

FP will always be my favorite MC, but I think Rakim left a bigger impact. Rakim gets my vote.

Brakes the reason peopke wont vote on your criteria is because they don't like it! next time we should have a vote on the criteria as well :pound:

What criteria would we use to vote on the criteria though? Maybe we should have a vote on which criteria we use to determine the criteria LOL

Joking aside, everyone agreed to the criteria in the first thread for this. Agreeing with the criteria isnt the problem tho is it really. Its not rocket science, you pick who you think is best based on those 3 catagories. The problem isnt people voting FP over Rakim, its the reasoning behind the choice when it's not connected to the criteria. If a person honestly thinks FP is a better lyricist, with a better flow and better skills, give him the vote. But when the critieria is skills, lyrics, flow, dont give your reason for voting for FP as Rakim hasn't done anything big in 10 years or I like FP more. Otherwise we may as well call this JJFP.com FAVOURITE Rapper of All-Time.

I said criteria a lot then.

Edited by Big Willie

Both JJFP and Eric B. & Rakim took hip hop to another level so it's a tough decision, there's no losers here

• 2 weeks later...

We have a winner people!!! The greatest rapper of all time according to JJFP.com is.................................

RAKIM!!

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

He wins with 56% of the vote. Well deserved!

At least we know how to do it next year! Its just getting people to vote properly that's the problem :hissyfit: