JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Will be there Bad Boys III?

Harry

• Members

But i'm still hoping that this rumour become reality .. :D

I mean Bay and Smith are considering to work on this project... but smith was working on seven pounds and Bay on transformers ..

I think we can't do nothing but wait...

This is an old video. It did bring up some discussion here though. They are right, it would cost a TON of money to make and that's just because of the star and director. The studio would have to be sure they'd make a big enough profit from the film in order to give it any sort of green light.

When you watch a movie, the only thing you want is that the actor developped his skills doing this movie ? :D

The first thing I want is having a great time !

But I'm not sure a Bad Boys III is a good idea... I mean it could be really great, but it doesn't have to be a Bad Boys III to be a Bad Boys III.

Sometimes, it is better to stay on a success, because another movie can ruined the serie

Edited by Romano338

• Members

When you watch a movie, the only thing you want is that the actor developped his skills doing this movie ? :D

But I'm not sure a Bad Boys III is a good idea... I mean it could be really great, but it doesn't have to be a Bad Boys III to be a Bad Boys III.

Sometimes, it is better to stay on a success, because another movie can ruined the serie

Maybe you are right... we have to let time pass and we will see what happen :D

• Members

No, not every film and not with every actor. But seen as though Will is one of my favourite actors, I want him to develop his obvious talents and be successful as he can.

• Members

Yes I agree with both of you, but to make a Trilogy a good trilogy you have to top the previous movie and I think it would be hard to top Bad Boys II. Otherwise it will be a flop, but I doubt that when an actor like WIll Smith is involved :D

There will be a 3rd one...somehow someway. Yes, all of the people involved make ALOT of money, but the movie will make more. On top of that, it seems like everyone involved in the Bad Boys movies has crazy love for it. The argument can be made that the Prince is only doing roles 2 progress as an actor, but FP has never been the traditional actor. He does it all and he takes risks. I mean, he went from ALI 2 MIIB...ha ha. Mark my words.

• Members

There will be a 3rd one...somehow someway. Yes, all of the people involved make ALOT of money, but the movie will make more. On top of that, it seems like everyone involved in the Bad Boys movies has crazy love for it. The argument can be made that the Prince is only doing roles 2 progress as an actor, but FP has never been the traditional actor. He does it all and he takes risks. I mean, he went from ALI 2 MIIB...ha ha. Mark my words.

I thought MIIB was pants. Easily the worst film he's done.

As much as I enjoyed both the Bad Boys films, I don't think doing another one will do anything for developing Will's ability as an actor.

I know what you mean, and, believe me, I agree with what you're saying. But I think 'Bad Boys 3' could work, as long as they make it as enjoyable as the first two movies.

I don't think it would be a step back in Will's career like going from 'ALI' to 'Men In Black II' to be honest.

• Admin

You'd have to pay Michael Bay 100 million.. Will Smith 50 million, Jerry bruckheimer 50 million and Martin Lawrence 20 million.. All this before the movie is being made.. thats 220 million plus a movie budget of maybe 200 million.. So thats 420 million upfront. Bad Boys is a hard R rated action series so doesnt make as much at the box office, Bad Boys II made 260 million worldwide.. The simple maths say this movie can't be done, unless Michael Bay does 5 movies that are flops and make less than 50 million, Will Smith releases 5 more flops that make no money..and they are desperate enough to make massive pay cuts which is really unlikely. I'd like to see a Bad Boys 3 more than any other will smith movie but I just can't see it happening. :monkey1: