JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Quality Over Quantity

bart5

Wanted to share a new track that's gonna be the title track off my debut solo producers album, Quality Over Quantity, droppin later this year (most likely). Let me know what you think!!

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=7867518

or

www.reverbnation.com/qualitydjq

or

www.myspace.com/qualitydq

Edited by bart5

Hey hey, Im digging this track! ur new album is gonna be tha bomb!

Thanks for the feedback bro, appreciate that a lot! I forgot to mention in the first post that its gonna be a producers album, trying to showcase all the talented emcees that I've been able to work with (FuQ lets get down on somethin fresh!). I'll have a couple tracks that I spit on though, this one included.

Edited by bart5

Beats are nice, Bart. I like the old skool style to it, while still being able to feel the new skool era.

The vocal was a little weak for me. Flow was off and there was no energy, you kinda sounded like you was just reading the lryics and not actually performing the song. You have to perform just as much with just a mic, as you would if it was a live audience. But, I get the feeling the production is what ya focused on, and the spittin is just a chick on the side, and the production is good, keep at it bro.

Beats are nice, Bart. I like the old skool style to it, while still being able to feel the new skool era.

The vocal was a little weak for me. Flow was off and there was no energy, you kinda sounded like you was just reading the lryics and not actually performing the song. You have to perform just as much with just a mic, as you would if it was a live audience. But, I get the feeling the production is what ya focused on, and the spittin is just a chick on the side, and the production is good, keep at it bro.

Yeah I feel ya, thanks for feedback! I'm still working on the way I sound and flow, and I do mainly stick to the production side of things as far as my music goes. I know I need to add the energy to my voice but I think the more comfortable I get behind the mic, the more natural it will come. Still going for that chill vibe, especially with how deep my voice is. Probably will rerecord this sometime again for the final album cut. Work in progress, but i think it will turn out. Thanks again bro!

Edited by bart5

as a producer..i tell you..that was pretty sweet..so nice & smooth just my style..i enjoyed the sound very much...but...i would do sumthin with the snare....sumthin harder maybe...its just what i would do wit that beat..great job...im sure it wont dissapoint any real hip hop audience

as a producer..i tell you..that was pretty sweet..so nice & smooth just my style..i enjoyed the sound very much...but...i would do sumthin with the snare....sumthin harder maybe...its just what i would do wit that beat..great job...im sure it wont dissapoint any real hip hop audience

Word thanks bro! Yeah smooth chilled out beats are definitely the type of style I go for, nothin like something you can just kick back to. I hear ya on the snare, it probably could hit a little bit harder. I might layer it a little more for the final album version. I gotta check out some of your stuff Lugie-, haven't heard your beats in awhile. Good looks!

Thanks for the feedback bro, appreciate that a lot! I forgot to mention in the first post that its gonna be a producers album, trying to showcase all the talented emcees that I've been able to work with (FuQ lets get down on somethin fresh!). I'll have a couple tracks that I spit on though, this one included.

Hey Quality. Production is really good. Nice scratches and mixing. You're rhymes are well put together content wise, and fits perfectly with the beat. Best advice I can give to rap better, and find your style is to keep doing it. It might help if you rap different ways, and recite your favorite songs by artists. I know it helped me. After you "study it" a bit, and find your comfort zone in your delivery, it's all natural dope skills from there. If you work on your rhyming delivery like you do your production sounds, you'll surpass Kanye West in the "Super Producer/Rhymer" category.

And I'm up for doin' fresh. Facebook is the easiest way to get at me.

Yo thanks FuQ, always love the feedback. I feel ya 100%, the more I work at my flow the more natural it will come. That was actually my second song I actually fully finished recording, not counting a few different takes and such. Just gotta get the practice in, haha but I don't think there is even a chance of blowin up like ye' ever lol. I'm just gonna keep at what I'm doing and see where it goes, who knowes with the right connections where the music could go.