JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

who made the greatest impact on music?

rawad_m

16 members have voted

1. 1. Who made the greatest impact on the music world?

• Elvis
    • The Beatles
    • Jimi Hendrix
    • Bob Marley
    • Stevie Wonder
    • Rolling Stones
    • Jackson 5 and Michael Jackson
    • Other

Chuck D is a legend and all but I'd have to say 2pac would be the main artist for hip hop...you can't deny how revolutionary his muisc was. He was able to reach and appeal to almost anyone regardless of age, race or gender. I can't name another hip hop artist that has done that.

nah i dont think his music it was so revolutionary ..if there was no 2pac in the game it wont be a big diff in the rap right now , but without RUN DMC PE JJFP RAKIM and LL and 2/3songs and Kool Herc now that will be a big problem, "just" 2pac make the greastest combination of all in one hip hop artist :) and about "He was able to reach and appeal to almost anyone regardless of age, race or gender" that can say and for other mcs

I disagree bro, buts its all good. I don't think everyone could relate to those artists...although they paved the way and do deserve all the respect for what they have done for hip hop. I like all of those artists. but...

Not to make this a discussion or nothin but 2pac did change a lot for hip hop, he really has influenced soooooooo many rappers with his lyrical skill. I think if he pretty much caused a hate between the two coasts than he had a lot of impact. He helped change (as well as NWA and others) the freedom of speech for music albums, being originally banned from many stores for the cursing. He spoke against that. Pac made an impact on people being able to relate to anyone from poor pregnant single women in the hood, to white suburban culture, to millionaires athletes.

Not to mention the amount of material he did in his 25 yr life, he still has albums dropping 10 years later....

Edited by bart5

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chuck D is a legend and all but I'd have to say 2pac would be the main artist for hip hop...you can't deny how revolutionary his muisc was. He was able to reach and appeal to almost anyone regardless of age, race or gender. I can't name another hip hop artist that has done that.

nah i dont think his music it was so revolutionary ..if there was no 2pac in the game it wont be a big diff in the rap right now , but without RUN DMC PE JJFP RAKIM and LL and 2/3songs and Kool Herc now that will be a big problem, "just" 2pac make the greastest combination of all in one hip hop artist :) and about "He was able to reach and appeal to almost anyone regardless of age, race or gender" that can say and for other mcs

I disagree bro, buts its all good. I don't think everyone could relate to those artists...although they paved the way and do deserve all the respect for what they have done for hip hop. I like all of those artists. but...

Not to make this a discussion or nothin but 2pac did change a lot for hip hop, he really has influenced soooooooo many rappers with his lyrical skill. I think if he pretty much caused a hate between the two coasts than he had a lot of impact. He helped change (as well as NWA and others) the freedom of speech for music albums, being originally banned from many stores for the cursing. He spoke against that. Pac made an impact on people being able to relate to anyone from poor pregnant single women in the hood, to white suburban culture, to millionaires athletes.

Not to mention the amount of material he did in his 25 yr life, he still has albums dropping 10 years later....

"I don't think everyone could relate to those artists." yeah yeah i am sure a lot of white kids playin with "guns" , talking about thug life and call each other m*f*thinking they are livin in a getto haha and about " poor pregnant single women in the hood" they are sitting on the sofa watching mtv all the time ,trust me :) nice of you using some articles;)

yeah of cource a lot of ppl can ralate to him , cuz he gots 2 sides , one of the intelligence and the other full of fun and sh*ts :):):)

i am not disrespecting 2pac or something hah he is atleast one of the best , i am just sayin that i dont see "how revolutionary his muisc was" i am sayin' that all the positive stuff of the game was already out and on the table and 2pac take all the parts ...

"he still has albums dropping 10 yeats later" , maybe 2pac had a reason not to put out every single thing that he have made , but probly the ppl that are getting all of the money now know better :):)

"I disagree bro, buts its all good" phew :)

Edited by fresh_from_sofia

Guess you didn't know that the reason he got into Digital Underground was through a 12 yr old-ish rich white girl who liked his demo, so her dad set up the meeting with 2pac and Shock G...haha just saying...and the poor pregrnant women was a reference to "Brendas Got a Baby", a song about pregnant women in the hood struggling to make it by. My point was he could relate to anyone that has struggled in their life. Plus just the fact alone that he was able to create that much music in such a short period, amazes me dude weather he intended to release it or not...its cool fresh, everyones got their own opinion. Just was stating mine.

Back to the main topic!

Edited by bart5

Kurtis Blow, Bambaataa etc... arguably had the largest impact on hip hop, because they brought the culture to the forefront of music. Could Kurtis run with Pac lyrically, not in a million years. I dont really think Pac touched anymore subjects than anyone else did. It just seemed more natural because you know he lived the lifestyle, or even if he didnt, it was easy to believe he could have. I think FP has touched just as many subjects over the course of his career, but the perception of him is different, most see/saw him as a rich kid making music. So I think the impact is more about how you are percieved, more than what you actually did.

This topic has turned to be a great one! I think they all have been pretty impacting to their type of music, but to music in general there must be one to choose..

• 1 month later...

From the selection I would say that The Beatles had the biggest impact because they were the first rock band to not have a piano or sax, also they were promoted for being a band who wrote their own songs and didn't need songwriters, which also was new (although chuck berry did his own stuff, it wasn't a big thing because it wasn't a band effort)

But for rock and roll I think the biggest impact was a DJ called "Murray the K" because when rock music was very new and controversial people wanted it off the air waves and he kept playing rock records because he felt the music was important.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest marelin

:clap: :joke::welcome: :monkey1: :wave2: you are sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo cool i love the song scacy srory it :wave2: :laugh: :rocks!