JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

who made the greatest impact on music?

rawad_m

16 members have voted

1. 1. Who made the greatest impact on the music world?

• Elvis
    • The Beatles
    • Jimi Hendrix
    • Bob Marley
    • Stevie Wonder
    • Rolling Stones
    • Jackson 5 and Michael Jackson
    • Other

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

J5 and MJ without doubt for me.

MJ's catalogue of work is still inspiring artists today, regardless of the genre. He revolutionised every aspect of music; Through verse, beats, dance, performance, video... there has never been and will probably never be an equal. Which is why his music will live forever.

But for me, it goes far beyond their music. They broke down boundaries of race and made it possible for black people to dominate public interest for their talent.

Moonwalk In Peace, MJ!

If you ask me who made the greatest impact on me with his music, I'd say MJ without any doubt. But being objective, I'd have to choose 'The Beatles'. I think there will never be a band like them. They shaped an entire generation.

So that's my opinion. And I'm not even a big fan of them.

Beethoven. Mozart. Bach...greatest composers of music, ever.

Edited by bart5

Michael Jackson. His influence is still around even to this day. Most of today's popular artist will say that Michael Jackson influenced them. Whether if it's singing. dancing or song writting Michael has influenced alot of today's popular artists in one way or another. Just look at Michael Jackson's memorial it was estimated that a billion people watched it. That alone should show the massive impact that he made on the music world

Michael Jackson has

Revoluationed music videos

Broke down racial barriers

has broken a ton of world records (even in death he's still doing this)

No one can come close to Michael Jackson

It goes like this (Well for me anyway lol)

There's stars - Paris Hilton, Miley Cyrus, Jonas Brothers etc

There's Superstars - Britney Spears, Christina Aguleria, Beyonce, Justin Timblerlake, Usher etc

There's Mega Superstars - The Beatles, Elvis Presley, Stevie Wonder, Prince etc

and then there's Michael Jackson

Everyone else is not even in the same league as Michael Jackson

Edited by analogue

Yeh MJ more expanded and merged other genres to an incredible standard. Its hard to say that i'd put him first in this catergory though. You need to look back to the '50s and '60s really

Chuck Berry.

true ,better for me then Elvis..... but i dont know who made it , its like :

Bob Marley for reggae

The Beatles for rock

James Brown for funk

MJ for pop

Louis Armstrong for jazz

Sam Cooke or Otis for soul

johnny cash for country

+Marvin Gaye ,Ray, Bob Dylan (maybe best lyrics)Little Richard,Freddie Mercury,Aretha Franklin...

for me the final battle will be James and Sam :)

but i dont know and i dont care more than that ;)

Chuck Berry.

Bob Marley for reggae

The Beatles for rock

James Brown for funk

MJ for pop

Louis Armstrong for jazz

johnny cash for country

+Marvin Gaye ,Ray, Bob Dylan (maybe best lyrics)Little Richard,Freddie Mercury,Aretha Franklin...

If you look at all Sam Cooke did in the music industry I don't think anyone can say he didn't have a huge impact in music, defiantly in my top 5 solo artists.

Chuck Berry.

Bob Marley for reggae

The Beatles for rock

James Brown for funk

MJ for pop

Louis Armstrong for jazz

johnny cash for country

You broke it down there, I'm feeling that list, and of course when it comes to hip hop Chuck D is the most powerful voice, he disses the government yet congress put some Public Enemy albums in their library, now that's what I call power

Chuck D is a legend and all but I'd have to say 2pac would be the main artist for hip hop...you can't deny how revolutionary his muisc was. He was able to reach and appeal to almost anyone regardless of age, race or gender. I can't name another hip hop artist that has done that.

That's a tough argument there 'cause Pac's one of my favorite mcs ever as well... Now I think that Quincy Jones is arguably the greatest producer of all time in music history,he's worked with the greatest artists in all music genres, he's a music genius... really the thing that could settle the argument is that he produced the greatest album in music history in "Thriller"...

Chuck D is a legend and all but I'd have to say 2pac would be the main artist for hip hop...you can't deny how revolutionary his muisc was. He was able to reach and appeal to almost anyone regardless of age, race or gender. I can't name another hip hop artist that has done that.

nah i dont think his music it was so revolutionary ..if there was no 2pac in the game it wont be a big diff in the rap right now , but without RUN DMC PE JJFP RAKIM and LL and 2/3songs and Kool Herc now that will be a big problem, "just" 2pac make the greastest combination of all in one hip hop artist :) and about "He was able to reach and appeal to almost anyone regardless of age, race or gender" that can say and for other mcs

I think Bob marley made a greatest impact because he made reggae famous in the whole world, only by himself, meanwhile all the others are just good expression of them already famous music styles..