JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

LL Cool J talks about today's hip-hop!

LL looks good...fresh, full of energy. He's definitely taking the high road. U can see stuff brewing in his head that just isn't being said. That fact that he said Lil' Wayne is talented is hilarious. I don't really believe he thinks that. He would have been more specific if he really admired him. How long is he gonna keep this attitude that he's not gonna do another full album. His most recent one just isn't holding me over. I only really liked about 6 or 7 tracks off that album. I thought the rest of it was his worst work ever musically...not so much lyrically.

Well I think that "Exit 13" is a great album but I definately agree that it'd been even better if he had a better production team work on it to compliment his talent, I thought he was really hitting it hard lyrically, he sounded hungry on the album, I heard that he was working on a track with DJ Premiere about the time that the album was about to come out but that never came out, I remember when he did "10" there was talk out there he was gonna reunite with Rick Rubin as well but that never happened either

The reason they give props 2 Lil' Waynes is becuz they probably don't follow commercial rap at all. Because Lil' Wayne is the most popular right now, they name drop who is more popular because it's hard 2 keep up with all the rappers since more of their careers are over in a year or 2. Can u imagin LL Cool J or any other emcee at that level seriously buying and listening 2 Lil' Wayne?!?!

Was that recently? Because I know Nas said something positive in 2006 and Ludacris had him on his last album.

well its not like a real diss to me or at least how its suppose to be ,just Nas it's not happy with the radio and how come rappers like Weezy T I and Luda to be the greatest to someone http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lN5jUHO0258 (2008)

• 4 weeks later...