JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Some questions to ponder..

I been actively busy working nonstop lately but I regularly check this board multiple times a day. I've been thinking about a couple things..

1. With the passing of MJ, do you think this will spark a flame in Will to finally get back in the booth?

I was delighted when I saw Mase came back. He's on the Drake - Best I've Ever Had (Remix) and on Ron Browz - Uptown Girl (Remix)] and I hope he releases an album. Mase is the most skilled or best lyrical rapper but he's fun to listen too and he came back because the passing of MJ inspired him.

2. Also with the passing of MJ, do you think the collaboration tracks between MJ and JJFP will see day light?

I'm really hoping so. I hope Will and Jeff recall the time the spent in the booth with Michael Jackson and release the tracks. I dont understand how a track with MJ didnt make the final cut on Willenium. With all that star power and yet a track like 'La Fiesta" makes it? ehh..

What do u guys think?

I don't know if this will get Will back on the mic and do another album.. i would love to see the track JJFP did with MJ get put out some day.. i don't get why it wasn't on ''Willennium''' either and had that been on the album and put out as a single and a video who knows how well it would have done.

But i read on jeff's twitter page he might do a MJ mix he said he's got alot of rare stuff.. i hope he does one that would be amazing!!

I mentioned the JJ+FP/MJ track in the MJ post but nobody really ever replied any interest in it. The track was recorded around the time of Willennium but was intended for MJ's album...not FP's. I'm sure alot of MJ's stuff will be released over the years. Hopefully the JJ+FP/MJ track does come out without them taking the rap(s) off. U never know, this loss could get FP thinking about music again.

i was thinking about Will starting to record again the other day, i guess it a possiblilty. I think there is more chance of hearing the MJ and Will song, i would give anything to hear it, my 2 fave artists together its like a dream. The papers are saying he has loads and loads of stuff that can be released, i dunno how true it is. What i do know is the B tracks i have are very good so anymore of these are well worth releasing.

Yeah Jim ever since MJ has passed I've been wondering if the Fresh Prince's been considering to make his return to music again, I know that there's a whole bunch of tracks that MJ recorded that never came out, it'd be interesting to see if any of it comes out including those JJFP collabs